Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

Outsmarting Google is a bit of a misnomer. It's not about tricking Google into giving your site a high page rank. In other words, you won't hear useless advice like keyword stuffing or hiding that will get your site black marked. Instead, this book is much more practical, seeking to teach us the things that will help build trust with Google which in turn will make our website appear earlier in key search engine results.

Although people are becoming more aware that quality content is key to bringing potential customers to their sites, there is still quite a lot of misunderstandings about the significance of page rankings. Many will still do anything to get their rank up. To this end, they plant links on link farms which inevitably backfires. Next, they try to optimize keywords in their site content. When they go overboard, of course, Google freezes them out.

Building trust with Google takes time. Yes, there are ways and means to help that process along. Outsmarting Google even provides a lot of good advice for doing so. However, the best advice this book provides is to create a website that provides quality content for potential customers.
on December 8, 2012
Some useful info, but mainly a bunch of fluff. The book is very small, I guess that's how the y get the page count up to a reasonable level. Otherwise at normal size the book would be maybe 100 pages and half of that is fluff. I think people would be better served printing out some blog info on SEO and the articles Google has produced itself.
Save your money!
on January 20, 2012
This book as forced me to review all my notions learned since 2002. Direct, to the point, no if or buts, I have learned a whole lot and I have achieived above average results and I am not done yet. I would buy in a heart beat another book from the author. Thank you for sharing!