Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on September 27, 2001
You have to like mysteries about the field of mysteries or else the numerous allusions to other mysteries could be annoying. You do NOT need to have read other mysteries to read this one, however. The writer uses other titles to make comparisons, generally. I found it all fascinating and am whiling away a medical leave ordering titles I find mentioned. There are some real classics, many out of print but available used, that I never would have thought to look for. Hart's allusions extend outside the mystery field to jurisprudence, biography, and journalism, but the real meat is the mystery bibliography. The actual mystery is interesting, with lots of list writing and puzzling, livened up with eccentric characters. I particularly liked a very minor character, a befuddled student in a class on Mysteries who had never read one. One puzzle--why teach a course on mysteries in a journalism department? Only vaguely explained. An earlier reviewer mentioned bad language which puzzled me. I didn't notice any.
on June 12, 2002
Annie Laurance Darling, owner of the mystery book store Death on Demand, is invited to teach a class on "Three Great Ladies of Mystery" at a local college. She looks forward to the challenge until she discovers that three of her students are her mother-in-law Laurel and two of her cronies. This is only the beginning of her troubles, however, because she soon discerns serious jealousy and in-fighting among faculty members. Before it's all over, there is a suicide, a murder and a bombing. There are lots of suspects and everyone seems to have a motive, so Annie is puzzled as to who's behind all the chaos. This is one of the better books of the series and it contains a lot of humor, and an interesting resolution to the mystery.
on March 4, 1999
I really enjoy Carolyn G. Hart's books and I love her characters Annie Laurance and Max Darling. A Little Class on Murder is another delightful mystery. Even though I was pretty sure of who done it before the end, I was not positive. The plot is solid and the characters are wonderful. I would definitely recommend this book.