march boutiques-francophones snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store Unlimited cloud storage sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on June 21, 2000
I could go through my blow by blow account of each of these wonderful movies but I won't. If you're not a huge fan of Woody you won't buy this set it's that simple. If you love Annine Hall and Bananas but don't recognize some of the less popular titles, I'd recommend a trip to the video store before [buying] on the set. Stardust Memories seems to be his inspired response to all the fans who wanted him to make the "funny, earlier movies." Just a word of warning. If you're a viewer who wants to see the earlier,funnier films, Interiors, Stardust Memories, and possibly Manhattan may disappoint.
My big problem with this set is the fact that MGM seems to be ignoring the benefits of the DVD format. I own most of these films on video and, except for a widescreen display of these movies, this appears to be the same presentation!
No extras, no remastered sound or video, no trailers even!
MGM/UA: This is a set that is clearly for the collector and really big fan. Go the extra mile!
Having said all that, of course I'll buy the set. I'm just disappointed. If you don't consider yourself a major fan - I'd recommend buying the VHS version or buying the titles you know and love already on DVD.
on July 7, 2000
I have the VHS versions of most of these films, and I have viewed all of the films. But I was hoping for the extras allowed by DVD, such as commentary and background info. And where IS my favorite Woody Allen vehicle, Play It Again Sam?
on October 29, 2003
Hannah and Her Sisters. What is a Woody Allen collection without this amazing film? I just don't get it.