5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Blues Piano Quickly and Enjoyably
Published on Feb. 19 2002 by Chester Miller

1.0 out of 5 stars More like Jazz
The sound quality of my cd here was really bad. It seem to me that this package was quickly thrown together. It taught me very little.
Published on Dec 22 2000 by sidney greenspan

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning Blues Piano Quickly and Enjoyably, Feb. 19 2002
Chester Miller (Wilmington, De United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano (Paperback)
I had practically the same experience as that of reviewer Fredric M Mendes. David Cohen is an excellent teacher, and structures his lessons in a logical and orderly way. He makes learning to play Blues Piano fun and simple. In practically no time, I found I had mastered simple improvising, playing different right hand rhythems and riffs(including his awesome quintuplet), playing different baselines, playing turnarounds, and playing some really cool endings. My playing really got to sound like something, without very much practice. I've been inspired to go on to more advanced blues piano studies. I even traveled to Philadelphia to see David play in person, and to get his autograph on the cover of my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Intro to Blues Piano, May 14 2000
Steven (san francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano (Paperback)
David Cohen's book and CD have been a pleasure--I studied piano as a kid and now many years later wanted to try blues piano. This package is extremely well thought out and clear-cut, including its excellent CD. It's fun to go through, with many classic blues themes and riffs; these can be mixed and matched and in no time you're pounding out the blues and having a great time at it! Thanks to David Cohn for this really nice work!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great teacher, Aug. 28 2002
JOEL F. WYNNE (port saint lucie, florida United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano (Paperback)
This is a great way to learn the basics of Blues Piano.The author breaks it all down into workable,understandable segments.
Within two weeks people were enjoying my playing.That was a good feeling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, Nov. 7 1999
This review is from: David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano (Paperback)
I studied Guitar with David in the mid 70's.. His guitar books are excellent too! Very good keyboard player.. This book really helped me in my keyboard playing.. Easy to understand..

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, Jan. 27 2004
A. Kuperberg (san francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano (Paperback)
I bought this book based on the good feedback that was left here and I am absolutely thrilled with it. I am at an "intermediate" level of piano playing and found the instructions and exercizes extremely well done. He breaks it down into steps that you can actually follow, and you will learn to improvise too. I was able to play something that sounded really good in a short time. Now I have a piano teacher who works with me with this book, she thinks it's great too. The CD makes all the difference. I always wated to play blues and boogie woogie piano, and this is the book I've been looking for! I have book two as well and it looks good too but I haven't gotten there yet.

1.0 out of 5 stars More like Jazz, Dec 22 2000

David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano
David Bennett Cohen Teaches Blues Piano by David Bennett Cohen (Paperback - May 1 1998)
CDN$ 22.27 CDN$ 16.43