march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 27, 2004
I bought this book based on the good feedback that was left here and I am absolutely thrilled with it. I am at an "intermediate" level of piano playing and found the instructions and exercizes extremely well done. He breaks it down into steps that you can actually follow, and you will learn to improvise too. I was able to play something that sounded really good in a short time. Now I have a piano teacher who works with me with this book, she thinks it's great too. The CD makes all the difference. I always wated to play blues and boogie woogie piano, and this is the book I've been looking for! I have book two as well and it looks good too but I haven't gotten there yet.
on August 28, 2002
This is a great way to learn the basics of Blues Piano.The author breaks it all down into workable,understandable segments.
Within two weeks people were enjoying my playing.That was a good feeling.
on February 19, 2002
I had practically the same experience as that of reviewer Fredric M Mendes. David Cohen is an excellent teacher, and structures his lessons in a logical and orderly way. He makes learning to play Blues Piano fun and simple. In practically no time, I found I had mastered simple improvising, playing different right hand rhythems and riffs(including his awesome quintuplet), playing different baselines, playing turnarounds, and playing some really cool endings. My playing really got to sound like something, without very much practice. I've been inspired to go on to more advanced blues piano studies. I even traveled to Philadelphia to see David play in person, and to get his autograph on the cover of my book.
on May 14, 2000
David Cohen's book and CD have been a pleasure--I studied piano as a kid and now many years later wanted to try blues piano. This package is extremely well thought out and clear-cut, including its excellent CD. It's fun to go through, with many classic blues themes and riffs; these can be mixed and matched and in no time you're pounding out the blues and having a great time at it! Thanks to David Cohn for this really nice work!
on November 7, 1999
I studied Guitar with David in the mid 70's.. His guitar books are excellent too! Very good keyboard player.. This book really helped me in my keyboard playing.. Easy to understand..