5.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Dude thanks the author of this book, Dec 23 2001
"bailey200" (CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Eared Slider Turtles Real (Paperback)
I'm the classic "how much is that puppy in the window?" case. I was in New York city walking in China town when I happened upon a bowl full of baby red ears. I just had to 'save' one of these squirming babies. Then I was worry about how to feed, house, and generally take care of my turtle, who was looking up at me with those moist, cat-like eyes while we sat on the subway. I had no idea how big it would get, or what to keep it in, or what to feed it besides the turtle pellets I got ripped off on.
I tried websites about sliders, while my baby sat in his styrofoam enclosure with his bowl of water and pellets sprinkled around him. Then I found this book on amazon.com. Right away I ordered it.
It has helped me alot. I bought a tank and food for my turtle, Mr. Dude. I learned how big he would get and where he came from. I also learned that it is illegall to sell baby red-eared sliders!!!
If you have a red-eared slider, or are looking into getting one, this book is a must-have.
(Good Luck!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction to red-eared sliders, Aug. 28 2001
J. Grattan (Lawrenceville, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Eared Slider Turtles Real (Paperback)
This book adequately covers the essentials of owning a turtle: housing, feeding, breeding, and diseases. The section on breeding is a little more extensive than in other intro books. A plus is that most of the pictures are in color. One thing missing from this book and others is a discussion of turtle behavior and sensory capability. Do they hear, see, smell, taste well? Do they like to hide? How long do they or can they stay submerged? Apparently and incorrectly, it is assumed this is all common knowledge. While this book will give one a start, owning a turtle is definitely a work in progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Eared Sliders, Dec 14 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Red Eared Slider Turtles Real (Paperback)
This was a very good book. It taught me a lot more than I used to know. I usually just look at the pictures but now that I've read this book I know a lot more. This book taught me how to take care of them and all of the diseases. If your looking for a good book to teach you every thing you need to know this is the one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Red Eared Sliders, Dec 14 1999
Taylor (Warrensburg, Missouri, USA) - See all my reviews

Red Eared Slider Turtles Real
Red Eared Slider Turtles Real by Jordan Patterson (Paperback - May 1994)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01