5.0 out of 5 stars "Katie, it was never uncomplicated."
As stated many times before, THE WAY WE WERE is one of only a handful of romantic blockbusters to actually feature an intelligent script and complex characters. Writer Arthur Luarents' based his screenplay (and subsequent novel) on girl he knew in college, who fought for liberal (and sometimes communist) causes. The film was a surprise box office smash when originally...
Published on April 5 2004 by Det. Abilene

2.0 out of 5 stars Misty, water-colored mem'ries...
It is 1937, and Katie (Barbra Streisand) is a somewhat homely, working-class political activist who is infatuated with dashing, handsome, and athletic college classmate Hubbell (Robert Redford). He finds her kooky and outspoken but they begin an affair and eventually marry. Their personalities clash over the years but their relationship is really tested during the...
Published on Oct. 30 2010 by Kona

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film, July 24 2003
By A Customer
It was a brilliant film I couldnt stop watching it I think
Barbra Streisand and Robert Redford are wonderful I am a very big star of Babra Streisand and all my friends make fun of that but I don't care.
My favourite part in the film is when Hubbel finaly realises he really likes Katy.
And when Katy and Hubbel say goodbye for the last time at the end it made me feel like crying.

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite must see love story for Redford/Streisand fans, May 10 1999
S. Crampton (Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Way We Were, the 25th (VHS Tape)
Two star crossed lovers during the 40's meet in college. They end up marrying only to discover they were not the people they were in college. It's called growing up.
There's still quite a bit of truth to this flick even in today's crazy world of high divorce rate. Just when you genuinely think you really and truly know someone, it turns out maybe you really don't!

5.0 out of 5 stars "The Way We were" (Special Edition), Sept. 11 2012
Purchased as New at Amazon

Excellent DVD! It was a professional DVD as expected.

Enjoyed every part of it.

Also enjoyed the Special Features: Theatrical trailers, Bonus trailers and especially the "Production Notes." Very well done! An excellent purchase and glad I
bought it. A real keeper if you love this movie. Rated it 5 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great movie, Sept. 29 2000
Richard (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way We Were (VHS Tape)
Sydney Pollack has directed an excellent film -- the integration of story, acting, music and brilliant editing make this a timeless experience. Barbra is superb - the opening scenes, with that haunting theme song, are so well put together. Redford was a perfect choice for Hubble Gardner. You can't miss with this film - it's a classic.

4.0 out of 5 stars young people also loves this movie, March 21 2000
This review is from: Way We Were, the 25th (VHS Tape)
Looking back now, nearly every relationship with my friends reflects what this movie has reveals. The end is sad, but is the best choice. I get to understand more the end of the Beatles, and you can always get strength from it. A good story hardly need anything else. However, thanks to the wonderful director,actor,actress and the song.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Romantic Movies, July 8 2000
Kelly (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
The Way We Were has been one of my favorite movies ever since I was a little girl. It has everything going for it; a great story line, the luscious Robert Redford, a beautiful song/music, and as much as it pains me to admit this, even Barbra Streisand (I can't stand her) did a pretty good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars never see it enough, Jan. 12 2000
This review is from: Way We Were, the 25th (VHS Tape)
No matter how many times I see this movie, and I'm old enough to remember when it came out, I always cry. It's such a waste that two people who obviously love each other, can't find a way to make it work. Life's too short to let love like that go.

5.0 out of 5 stars The silver screen's best love story!, Aug. 23 1999
This review is from: Way We Were, the 25th (VHS Tape)
The ultimate romance in cinematic history has lost none of it's imact even after 26 years! While the 25 anniversery video edition has no new footage or supplements, it is still the best that the film has ever looked. "Memories. . ."

4.0 out of 5 stars Babs at her best, Jan. 23 2000
Chris Phillips (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Sublime. Barbra is brilliant, even when acting with a beautiful blank slate like Redford. Like any doomed-romance movie, this one will make you weep buckets before all is said and done. Need a good cry? Get this today.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for zone 1, March 26 2014
I understood it was an import DVD, but no where did say it was not able to play in region 1. I thought it was from a Canadian seller I assumed it was a DVD for region 1 not for region 2. Seller should mention it description in of the film.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

The Way We Were
The Way We Were (VHS Tape)
CDN$ 8.45