5.0 out of 5 stars rating
I really like this movie and all is ok. Thank's for your service all was in great condition my son loved it.
Published 6 months ago by vicky potvin

3.0 out of 5 stars "I'm the famous comedian Arnold Braunschweiger."
After MUCH deliberation, this was deemed an appropriate DVD to watch - after turning down all my other suggestions. And it turned out to be quite good!
Published on June 29 2004 by Meesha

5.0 out of 5 stars rating, Jan. 22 2014
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great under-appreciated movie, but gets a little too absurd., July 19 2004
P. Krug (portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
You've probably read this film's plot description already, but let me sumerize it briefly just to comment on it: Austin O'Brian is a huge Swartzenagger fan. Arnie's latest films (acording to this film,) are the Jack Slater movies, which (presumably) came out right after Terminator 2. Danny idolizes the character Jack Slater, a fictional L.A. cop, in the same way that so many of us idolized Han Solo. Then one day Danny's personal friend Mick, an elderly theater projectionist, gives him a magic ticket that was given to him by Houdini, just before Danny gets to watch the latest Slater film all by himself, before anyone eles does. (Jack Slater 4). Danny watches as the film introduces the two bad guys, who've kidnapped Slaters cousin Frank. The scene shifts to two nameless cops (who of course are sure-fire dead meat) who come to Frank's house after getting a false call about a drug deal. Slater arrives and wonders why they're here, he goes in and finds Frank tied to a chair, Frank gives Slater one last message before dying, Slater sees a note that turns out to be a count down and gets out just before the house blows up, the two red shirt cops...well, need I even say? A car full of dynomite-weilding bad guys drive up, Slater gets in his car and the chase is on! Then something strange happens. A stick of dynomite comes out of the screen and lands in the theater! It blows up, and Danny finds himself in Slater's car, now a character in the film!
I couldn't understand why so many critics and audiences hated this. Naturally I was upset when it bombed in the theatre. It was the most origonal film to come along in quite some time. I mean, really, who hasn't fantasized about being able to actually go into the world of their favorite movie or T.V. show and interact with the characters? Thankfully I see most people on Amazon have given this between four and five stars, so I'm not alone. I loved the action, the humor, (which is basically making fun of typical action films and just how absurd they are, even the ones that are meant to be taken seriously) and the one-liners.
O.K., here's one thing I _didn't_ like: the animated cat. I mean, what the @#&%?! The film works when it spoofs typical action films and ridiculous they are, but not when it goes all the way into the realm of farce and becomes something like Airplane! or Who Framed Roger Rabbit? Everything eles was fine, but the cartoon cat...well, when's the last time you saw a conventional action film with living cartoon characters? Really, what were they thinking?
Also, there was the bit where (POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING) we learn about half way through the film that Slater's son Andy was killed. This presumably happened at the end of Jack Slater 3. So Jack Slater 3, it would seem, ends with Slater shooting the Ripper (the bad guy from the last moive), and then the Ripper pulls Andy over with him. Would a typical Hollywood light-hearted action escapest film really have such a dark ending? Well, then again, I guess Lethal Weapon 2 had a simular ending.
Anyway, don't listen to anyone who's told you not to see this. This is not another dumb action movie, this is a film pokeing fun at dumb action films (including some of the ones Swartzenagger's made). Check it out for yourself.

3.0 out of 5 stars "I'm the famous comedian Arnold Braunschweiger.", June 29 2004
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
This was filmed before Austin O'Brien became truly cringeworthy, with a god-awful haircut in My Girl 2. He's exactly the same here, and there were times I wanted to take a pair of scissors to his hair! (I've just seen a more recent photo, and he looks totally different!)
Last Action Hero has an almost Willy Wonka quality to it. There was a golden ticket that Charlie Bucket had to find and Danny Mannigan also had to find one - or actually got handed it. I was so waiting for Oompa Loompa's to come out! Now that would have been cool.
The whole story climaxes in Arnie being brought out of the movie, and getting to see the 'real' world, which is a very interesting concept, as it could be seen as we're not the ones in control. (I totally believe that) So his whole life was one big lie, and controlled by someone else - not the big man upstairs, but a film director. Arnie basically takes the p*ss out of his whole on screen persona in this, including lots of his trademark sayings, including: "I'll be back!", "Trust me" and "Do it". There's also a very funny scene where Jack Slater meets Arnold Schwarzeneggar - make sense of that!
Also look out for a whole host of cameos in this movie - ones which are easy, to spot, some which aren't! Some of these include: Chevy Chase, MC Hammer, Sharon Stone, Little Richard, Maria Shriver, Robert Patrick, and Jean-Claude Van Damme!
There are some great lines in this. Some of these are:
Danny Madigan: You think you are funny, don't you?
Jack Slater: I know I am. I'm the famous comedian Arnold Braunschweiger.
Danny Madigan: Schwarzenegger!
Jack Slater: Gesundheit.
Jack Slater: Kid! Who does the doctor treat?
Danny Madigan: Patients?
Jack Slater: Look at the elbow of my jacket. What is it doing?
Danny Madigan: Wearing thin?
Jack Slater: Bingo!
Benedict: Gentlemen. Since you are about to die anyway, I may as well tell you the entire plot. Think of villains Jack. You want Dracula? Dra-cool-la? Hang on
[takes out the ticket]
Benedict: , I'll fetch him. Dracula? Huh. I can get King Kong! We'll have a nightmare with Freddy Krueger, have a surprize party for Adolf Hitler, Hannibal Lecter can do the catering, and then we'll have christening for Rosemary's Baby! All I have to do is snap my fingers and they'll be here. They're lining up to get here, and do you know why Jack? Should I tell you why? Hmm? Because here, in this world, the bad guys can win!
So if you're not keen on Austin O'Brien, see how many celebrities you can spot, and how much Arnie acts up in this movie! It's so funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars The governator slams congress in this one!, June 11 2004
J. M Quiggins "Sole_Fish" (Owensboro, Ky. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
Overall, this movie should've been about 30 minutes shorter. Other than that, in my opinion, it's probably the best Arnold flick made. Two moments in this movie are absolutely hilarious. One being his very burning remark about congress being crooks, and the other is when the 'movie' Arnold meets the 'real-life' Arnold and tells him " I don't really like you, you've caused me too much pain." That is the ultimate in comedic irony. Of course, my delivery is too dry. Arnold carries that one off beautifully. This movie was everything it was meant to be. Fast, fun, and full of dry and dark humor. Very good movie.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and action packed movie., March 14 2004
"weatherman_1985" (Maumee, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
In this movie Arnold Schwarzenegger does something that is rarely seen by him, comedy. To see him in a comedic fashion parallels to Jackie Chan doing comedy in the Rush Hour movies. The movie goes at a slow, but decent pace. It is filled with tons of action, humor and of course one liners. It is interesting to see the movie, then play the pinball game. It helped to pull out quotes and actions. If you love action and comedies or just "The Governator," get this movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Action Hero - Hilarious, March 8 2004
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
Me and my friend watched this movie under the influence. It was so hilarious, the whole time we couldnt stop laughing. We couldnt tell what we were hullucinating or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Movie of 1993, March 2 2004
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
Last Action Hero is a movie about a pre-teen who is given a magic ticket from an old man that own's a theatre. Basicly, since the viewer of the film does not see the kid's father, the old man is a father figure for the kid. While the kid watches the movie, of his favorite action hereo, Jack Slater, the ticket that he was given transports him literaly into the movie. The kid then finds himself in the car of Jack Slater (Swarzeneager), while they are being persuited of the bad guys. Through the Film, the kid and Slater go through all sorts of amazing stunts and explosions. However, before the kid gets back to the real world, the villian named Bennedict has the ticket and gets there first. There, Slater finds out that bullets kill and that people can get hurt. During this time in the movie, Slater and the kid try despertly to find Bennedict. Aside from that, the film is an excelent score in Swarzeneager's films. Last Action Hero is a film pacted with explosions and amazing stunts. Here is a list of highlights in the movie:
*in the LAPD: MOVIE STYLE scene, Robert Patrick (Terminater 2, Judement Day, Rogue Force) is scene walking out of the LAPD police Station when Slater and the kid go into the station
*in the FIRST ACTION HERO scene, Arnold is Hamlet, with some excelent results

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Action Hero Blu-ray, Feb. 10 2010
I liked having English SDH subtitles on this Blu-ray disc as the DVD version of this movie did not have them.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best action hero, March 7 2004
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
I love this movie, its like another version the Terminator series but hes not a machine.Get this movie, tons of action just like Terminator, if u liked T1,T2,T3 u will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Good Movie, Dec 26 2003
This review is from: Last Action Hero (Bilingual) (DVD)
I don't see what people hate about this film. There are tons of awesome action scenes although they are a bit cheesy. The action is meant to be cheesy though because it's about a movie within a movie.
The cast is really good even though the boy seems a little annoying at first. By the end of the movie you will probably think Jack Slater to be really awesome. Anyways, I enjoyed it. There was humor, some one-liners, but the movie was extremely well done and extremely entertaining. 5 stars.

Last Action Hero (Bilingual)
Last Action Hero (Bilingual) by John McTiernan (DVD - 2001)
CDN$ 15.59