march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on July 9, 2014
When this book was first published ten years ago, I heard a bit of the buzz but did not have a chance to read it. To be honest, I was sceptical. Too many charlatans had told too many stories about near-death or after-death experiences, and I didn’t feel the need to read another.
But when offered the chance to read and review this tenth anniversary edition, I agreed out of curiosity. The tone of the book surprised me. It has the ring of truth. Don Piper does not sugar-coat his experiences in any way. In fact, as he writes about his long, arduous recovery, he is painfully honest about his depression and frustration.
His message is one of supreme hope: Heaven is real, and through Jesus Christ, we can know we’re going there. I love that!
What I didn’t love was the new forward and what I felt were excessive stories from others. I wish both had been edited. Pick four or five stories about people impacted by Don’s experience, and choose a few statistics about his ministry in the last decade. The book itself was great; the extras had me skimming. For those reasons, I give this edition four stars.
on January 30, 2012
I appreciated Don's sharing of his experience and the way in which he allows his story to tell itself. He has given something that can only have an ongoing strengthening and enriching effect on all who read it.
on February 4, 2012
This story is very interesting. You will have to listen to it 2 times to get everything. In my opinion worth the time and money.
on June 10, 2014
Very good, well written. I thought that the author was believable and authentic. I would recommend this well written book.
on December 27, 2015
An interesting read.
on July 13, 2005
A well written book by a man who had to overcome terrible injuries as a result of a head on crash with an eighteen wheeler truck. He subsequently went on to use his chronic disabilites as a way of reaching out to others with similar problems and being able to help them.
A few readers might be put off by the occasional "bible thumping" worldviews of the author, and as for whether he really went to heaven or not when he was "dead", well I guess that depends on your metaphysics.