Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on August 31, 2015
excellent resource to people who want to know truth about afterlife and specifically as it concerns Heaven. I myself had an out of body near death experience but unfortunately I was not born again at that time and got to experience the exact opposite of what Don Piper experienced. This book allows you to have a glimpse of eternity awaiting those who are truly in Christ.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 27, 2015
One of the reasons that the book 90 Minutes In Heaven by Don Piper with Cecil Murphy appealed to me is stemmed from part of my intent to increase my understanding of both traditional religion and new age ideas on heaven towards my intent of writing under a username (that definitely is not going to involve the word star). Some of the strong and compelling points of this book;
Piper goes into what he saw and felt during his time in heaven for chapter two.
Pages 78-79 capture his truth of admitting that there was a time where he wanted to go back to heaven and found little comfort in various psychiatrists trying to talk to him on how he was doing.
Pages 130-131 and 134-135-Piper’s discussion with a man who was one of the many who helped pray him back to life and their sense of spiritual urgency. Piper also recalls that whoever might have been holding his hand during the car crash was a benevolent spirit from heaven (i.e. maybe an angel).
Pages 148-152; Other members of Don Piper’s family recall what went through their minds and hearts during and in the aftermath of the events surrounding his recovery (i.e. Piper’s children Nicole, Joe, and Chris as well as his wife Eva).
Pages 166-167; Piper shares how he met his wife Eva at Louisiana State University and the dramatic story of how a person at of his events unexpectedly died soon after at just 20 years of age (to the shock of multiple students who knew him).
The only catch is that there are only some pages out of the 207 page book that covers his time in heaven, however it was still a gripping read. There is more that is tempting to say about this book, but my conscience is guiding me to put aside my own personal spiritual biases out of consideration for the author, other reasons, and a major confession on one major reason why; I admit that I controversially believe in the idea of various realms within heaven and hell even with my interest in the new age and occult arenas, but I believe that there are spirits that are allowed to ascend from the lower darker realms (i.e. the realms in what is called hell) after a period of time depending on the person’s soul and intent to spiritually grow (kind of how a reformed criminal is allowed out of prison after showing the potential to change, but my heart and conscience is guiding me to avoid publicly sharing more within this review). However, I’m still grateful to have come across this book because it helped remind me that I’m more than how I feel on my human ego side when it comes to sometimes feeling prejudged based on my perceived work in progress intelligence/progressing wisdom and a reminder to instead be more grateful/self-confident for what I already have (in addition, the book served as a healing reminder for me to more carefully have my spiritual life be more of a prominent guide as I pursue certain career goals).
on July 22, 2015
It's awesome! A GREAT read!!!!
on November 20, 2014
Well written and easy to read, this book will set a fire in the reader to desire to see Heaven, and if not, then perhaps they are lost. I will definitely recommend this book to anyone who desires to learn more about Heaven and how the church plays a role in believer's lives when they are living through a crisis.
on October 11, 2014
on July 9, 2014
When this book was first published ten years ago, I heard a bit of the buzz but did not have a chance to read it. To be honest, I was sceptical. Too many charlatans had told too many stories about near-death or after-death experiences, and I didn’t feel the need to read another.
But when offered the chance to read and review this tenth anniversary edition, I agreed out of curiosity. The tone of the book surprised me. It has the ring of truth. Don Piper does not sugar-coat his experiences in any way. In fact, as he writes about his long, arduous recovery, he is painfully honest about his depression and frustration.
His message is one of supreme hope: Heaven is real, and through Jesus Christ, we can know we’re going there. I love that!
What I didn’t love was the new forward and what I felt were excessive stories from others. I wish both had been edited. Pick four or five stories about people impacted by Don’s experience, and choose a few statistics about his ministry in the last decade. The book itself was great; the extras had me skimming. For those reasons, I give this edition four stars.
on June 10, 2014
Very good, well written. I thought that the author was believable and authentic. I would recommend this well written book.
on May 19, 2014
This is a good book to give to someone who is skeptical about whether or not there is a heaven, and the importance of Being Saved by believing in Jesus Christ.
on April 11, 2014
Please, and compare everything you read to His word, this book is terrible, please do not read, or any other books on heaven, except the Bible
on June 21, 2013
It is a great book. I loved every word of it, and it is great to be reassured that there is a heaven for believers after we pass from this world. I bought a book for my daughter as she has lost her faith in the hope that it would let her see the light. She loved the book but was determined not to be swayed by it. It is a miraculous story of a man's faith to pray for a person he knew to be dead, and then to convince the medics to check him out after they knew he had been dead for an hour. Just amazing !