5.0 out of 5 stars Become In Tune to the Ministry of Jesus

Summary of book:
Published on Feb. 26 2003 by W & T Perry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Insight on Demons, Feb. 26 2003
This review is from: They Shall Expel Demons: What You Need to Know about Demons--Your Invisible Enemies (Paperback)
Summary of book:
Derek Prince does a good job of telling us about demons, from how Jesus dealt with them, the origin of the word demon from Greek, his struggle with them, various types of demons and how to combat them. Prince uses Scripture and personal experiences to show us that demons are real, and we as followers of Christ have the authority over them, yet Christians can be oppressed by them and need deliverence.
Positives of the book: Scripturarly based, with personal dealings with demons, as well as guidelines Christians should use to expel their own demons, and if you are not a Christian he takes you through steps on becoming a believer. I for one believe in demons. The bible mentions them, and in today's society we tend to shake them off as some mystical creatures that are only symbols of our struggles instead of actual, evil spririts. Prince's example's can be disturbing to some, how demons are expelled and the different noise and/or convulsions people might have when they are delivered. Basically, you can expel a demon, but make sure you are a believer and close to God. If not, it is best to seek a ministry or your pastor to help you.
Negatives:
Although I believe in demons, Prince at times puts a demon with every problem we have. Some of the more bizarre examples in the book include 1) A girl getting hit on the head by a baseball, and then suffers from epileptic seizures. Prince explains the injury created a weakness that allowed a demon to enter, and give her these seizures. She was healed according to Prince, which I believe in a healing ministry, but to say demons enter you just because you are bonked on the head, seems a bit far-fetched. Another example of a bizarre demon was someone who suffered from tooth decay. That again seemed stretching it a bit. I have no doubt that people have demons, but sometimes we suffer physical and mental problems, due to plain old sin, and habits such as smoking, drugs or drinking can open the door for Satan to take control, some of this is purely our own doing due to the carnal, sinful nature we inherited when Adam & Eve first sinned.
Final thoughts: Be well read with the Word, and follow Prince's examples. He has good, spirit led insight into the world of demons, but do not blame everything on demons or Satan, when you yourself could be at fault.

5.0 out of 5 stars Become In Tune to the Ministry of Jesus, Aug. 5 2002
Bill Reese (Norcross, GA United States) - See all my reviews
"They Shall Expel Demons" is a jewel among all other books on deliverance. The author's tremendous level of knowledge shows through in this highly readable book. Among the pages you will find not just what type of demons or spirits operate in the life of a person but the reasons that one might become possessed. It will open the eyes of most people who feel pressured and often use "the devil made me do it" as the excuse for their actions.
"They Shall Expel Demons" forces the reader to ponder the differences between the need for healing and the need for deliverance. While there are many sicknesses that are of a common biological nature, the text shows that evil spirits may cause some sicknesses. There are battles fought in the heavens and battles fought here on earth and through the Biblical foundation you are shown the realism of the fight between "good and evil".
This book is for those interested in understanding the ministry of Christ and those who want to understand the different battlefields on which Christian battles are fought. It will prove to be a valuable asset to all Christian libraries and is a definite must for an Evangelical. I feel there should be more books as direct as this one. It gets to the point, shows examples, and provides a great solid base, which is the Word of God.

1.0 out of 5 stars Way over the top on Demonology, Oct. 17 2001
Reverend R. G. Johnson (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
A fairly good book as a general background on the subject of deliverance from demonisation. However I believe that Prince has gone completely over the top and seems to see demons under every conceivable bush. He does not seem capable of recognising sins of the flesh that we are all subjected to,and every human failing, in his terms, comes under the heading of a demon. He appears to have tried to crack a spiritual walnut with an oversized sledge-hammer.
There is such a plethora of books such as this one which takes part of God's truth and adds, and adds, and adds ad nauseam.
Derek's books have much to commend them because they are normally Biblically based but this one comes from cloud cuckoo land. Read it by all means but check it out against the word of God and you won't find very much spiritual confirmation except stretching the word of God to suit a particular viewpoint.
There is far too much of this type of teaching sweeping the present church and Christian discipleship. See Acts 17:11.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book on spiritual warfare and was hightly recommended to me by other writers on the same topic. It is clea, Aug. 25 2013
This is an excellent book on spiritual warfare and was highly recommended to me by other writers on the same topic. It is clear and easy to read and very informative. If you are interested in this topic, order it. You won't be sorry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad., June 22 2009
T. Hoch (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews
I got this book because the deliverance ministry has always interested me from a religious standpoint. Having a degree in religious studies, and being an occultist, demons have always facinated me, as have the various views of them throughout the world.

I expected a book that was dry, and overall fairly hard to get into. However, as I am glad to admit, I was impressed by the author's writing style. This book is relatively easy to read, and not only that, it's actually a good read all around.

My only strike against this book is the deliverance ministry's view to take every negative thing as a demon. Hate, Anger, Spite, Jealousy, Lust, Yoga, Witchcraft, Masturbation, etc. I am not saying such spirits don't exist, as I am sure they do and have seen their effects in the world around me and through my studies. However, that being said, the author DOES clearly state that not everything IS a demon, and one should not ignore that fact. That in itself made me hold this book in higher esteem as it's not often I have encountered Deliverance ministers who recognize this fact.

Overall, this is a good book and I recommend you pick it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Stuff The Church ignores, May 25 2004
By A Customer
What did Christ tells us to do? Heal the sick, cast out devils, raise the dead, etc. This book will give you the tools to go out and change the world. See also Marilyn Hickey's "Generational Curses" and Henry Wright's "A More Excellent Way".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! A keeper!, Nov. 9 2003
MorningStar "yexusbeliever" (Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA) - See all my reviews
This book turns my whole perspective about demons around. It is an excellent book. I recommend this for every Christians.
The only negative is that Prince hold a view that demons are embodied pre-Adamic race and not fallen Angels. Though he does have his point there because the Bible did not make clear enough where demons come from. However, he did point out that most Christians do believe that demons are fallen angels. Either way this does not have any negativity on the deliverance ministry.
The positive note is that Prince really protray well of the basic for readers to prepare and understand deliverance from demons. I recommend this for all Christian readers. Still be extremely careful about reading on deliverance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting - Good Read, Oct. 15 2003
Tan2Day (Easter City, USA) - See all my reviews
I just finished reading this one the other day. MANY scary things in there. Off and on, while reading this one, I had mixed messages with this one.
First, he obviously has been at this for a long time. He seemed to get into this on a biblical basis, and he certainly TOTALLY builds the case that ALL ministers are ordered to do demon expelling. I think, like the gifts of the Spirit, that were ignored for most of the past few hundred years, until the Pentecostals revived the practice, demon work too was something ALL the early followers of Christ, and Christ himself did, and were expected to do.
The scariest scenes in this book, involved, outwardly good Pentecostal believers, and some of their demons. My skin crawled when reading some of those examples.
A good read. I think every pastor should be given a copy of this one.
He tends to make every problem a Christian might have as a demon inside of you, I'm not sure that is correct or not, but the stong expamples given are quite moving.
Demon expelling is a messy process, involved vomiting, swearing, and more, many read like real life versions of the movies dealing with exorcism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeing is believing, April 15 2002
Raymond Ooi (Penang, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
I have seen the manifestations myself. This stuff is REAL. You want to grow spiritually? You need to be delivered!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good fundamental reference, Oct. 31 2001
Timothy K.S. Chong (Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory Malaysia) - See all my reviews
I've read a fair number of books on healing through deliverance and would say this is a good reference book. It has a strong scriptural base that gives you confidence that Mr Prince has been anointed to write such a text. I would readily recommend the book to anyone who seeks a personal spiritual revival to his Christian life.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›