5.0 out of 5 stars The best author/astrologer I have ever come across
Dear Sir/Madam
I'm very impressed with Ms Goodman's work and would like to email her directly if possible. Please could I have her email address? I have a couple of questions to ask her? I also need to purchase her latest book (A New Approach to the Human Heart) - unfortunately I cannot find it any where in my local bookstores.
Do you have any idea where I can...
Published on March 11 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Dramatized, expansive portraits of the Sun signs
Contents summary: The Sun interpreted in the twelve signs of the zodiac (528pp). Each sign placement's interpretation is subdivided into six sections, covering its general, male, female, child, employer and employee manifestations.

By far the lengthiest Sun sign portraits ever written, dating from 1968 and still unsurpassed quantitatively although arguably...
Published on Aug. 8 2002 by solger

5.0 out of 5 stars The best author/astrologer I have ever come across, March 11 2005
Dear Sir/Madam
Do you have any idea where I can get this book? Please advise.
Your assistance in this regard will be greatly appreciated.
Faithfully
Jacqui

5.0 out of 5 stars The best astrology book ever, May 17 2004
By A Customer
There is a reason this book is still in print over 30 years after it's original publication: it is simply the BEST astrology book ever written. It is easy to use, with no confusing and overwhelming diagrams to figure out. Linda knew her stuff, and it shows. I agree with the reviewer that the horoscopes in the newspaper are bogus, but Linda was a professional and a great author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont Show It To Anyone..., May 7 2004
Seriously Guys Not Only This One,But Dont Show Linda's Any book To Anyone (If You Have One)& Dont Lend It Because Chances of your Getting Them Back Is Very Low.Linda's All Work Is Unmatchable.You Will need This Book Throughout Your Life To Study People around You.Everything She Said Doesn't Apply To Specific Sign Because Moonsign & Ascedent plays Vital Role Too.But Still You Can Get 70% Accurate Reading.I Think That Is Pretty Good percentage.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ASTROLOGY BOOK EVER!, April 21 2004
By A Customer
I have about 50 - 100 books on Astrology, yet this remains the best one in my collection. I constantly buy and have extra copies on hand at all times to hand out to friends that relate an interest in this field.
Being an atheist, I was one who did not like to beleive in mumbo jumbo like religion or astrology. Like most, I thought of astrology as the "fortune cookie" quotes that would apear in the paper every day telling you if you were going to be rich, or get a new job or lover. Well, turns out that Astrology is the science of personality traits, NOT predicting the future.
The Astrology section in your local paper IS mumbo jumbo, and has the same acuracy as a fortune cookie.
This book does not tell you if you are going to be rich or predict your future, it just describes personality traits of people.
How can the day you were born on determine your personality? It works the other way around, your personality genes determine what day you are born. But we all know that, for instance, two brothers raised by the same parents and upbringing can have completely different personalities, so that really has nothing to do with your personality at all. You can try hard to change behaviors like being impatient, practical, emotional, critical, but all this is part of your genetic makeup, no different than your eye color or other things you can't change about yourself.
Talking to a stranger many years ago, after just a few minutes of talking, she was able to tell me what Astrology sign I was, and was correct. She got my attention, recomended this book, and now I am able to guess people's astrology signs many times and also recomend this book now.
What makes this book great, is that it has seperate personality traits for males and females of the same sign, and traits for children, bosses, and employees. Get a new job? Find out your bosses birthday, then look him up in this book to find out the best way to ask this type of person for a raise, or what he likes or dislikes in his employees. Or for the employer, find out the same about your employees.
Instead of reading this book from front to back, you want to think of your best friends and family members, then read the chapters about them and see how scary close the descriptions really are.
After a while, when you know at least a few people of every sign, when you meet someone new, and find out their birthday, you just think about the other people you know with that sign, and you instantly know a lot about this person you never met before, because they will react and behave in the same way.
The other reason this book is a must, is that the cut off days that give the end of one sign, and the start of the next sign is exactly right from my experience. Many books will differ on dates, and I have known some people who say they don't know which sign they are, because some books say they are this, and other books say they are that, but knowing them after a while, it is not hard to see which one they actually are, and this book has always been acurate with the dates, when comparing to actual people I have known that are on those border dates.
In fact, there has been an argument over if Hitler was an Aries or a Taurus, because his birthday is on April 20th. Some books include that as Taurus, this book and some others include it as Aries. Having researched Hitler extensively over the past few years, and just having read about his youth from his childhood friend, there is no doubt he was an Aries, and that again jives with this book.
I have read through most of the astrology books available, and none come as acurate and close as this book does. Linda Goodman was a genius in this field, and it is sad she is no longer with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Late, Great ..., Aug. 26 2003
Nancy Worcester (Jamul, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Linda Goodman, although held somewhat to the side by professional astrologers, nevertheless has written a book that has done more to popularize an understanding of astrology than almost any other volume of its kind. Linda Goodman's descriptions are accurate because, Dear Reader, there is a great deal of accuracy to astrology. Goodman isn't the deepest person in the world or the greatest astrologer, but she sure knows how to reach out and grab a person. If you want to understand your boss, or better yet, create the perfect boss -- click "BUY" and get this book over to your house right away!! This book is also an essential to every astrologer's library. Read the whole thing all the way through at least once.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, April 20 2003
Being a professional astrologer, I rarely endorse a general 'sun sign' book on astrology, however Linda Goodman's book is, without a doubt, a classic of its kind. It certainly made an impression on me when I first read it and was one of the early reasons why I decided to make this area my life work. Read and enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Own it? I've Owned Twelve <at least> of it!, Feb. 22 2003
Bookworm "Jerry" (Marietta, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
First of all, if you own this book <I'm talking about the small mass-market version; if you're fortunate enough to have the hard-cover first edition, put it under lock and key, won't you?>, don't loan it with any expectations of getting it back. It just won't happen. The friend you loaned it to will loan it to another friend who "just has to have it," and that friend will loan it to another friend "who's going through a really bad time and will need this," who will loan it to another friend who has "just met this person, and needs to know all about him/her", who in turn loaned it to. . .and on it goes.
This book is a classic. I don't use that word lightly. I still have my "first edition" put carefully away as if someone handles it one more time, it will likely fall apart.
"Linda Goodman's Sun Signs" is one of those books I pull off my library shelf and read through randomly for sheer pleasure, or because I've met someone new and interesting and discretely discovered their birthday. It's rarely led me wrong.
What's worse, when I read the description of the typical Sagittarian, and the Sagittarian male, it reads like it was written by me, my mother, the CIA, the FBI, and all my friends through more than the half century I've spent on this planet. I first found that rather scary, but now I find it comforting. It means I'm simply being me, the person as I am supposed to be.
Over the years, Ms. Goodman has been criticized for her somewhat "shallow" approach to a controversial topic. Whether Astrology has any "scientific" validity, I leave to better minds than my own. But I can testify, from my own experience, that if I can learn an individual's birthday, read Ms. Goodman's text on that sun-sign, and whenever possible, take into account the ascending sign, the moon sign, and other astrological influences that may alter the basic influence of the Sun on a person's birth, I've rarely found Ms. Goodman to be far off the mark.
But of course, that's simply my own unique experience. Many scientists, physicists, and astronomers will swear on a stack of Bibles that the position of the planets cannot possibly influence the personality of a person born at such-and-such a place at this-and-this an hour, under that-and-that configuration of heavenly bodies. I must in fairness point out, however, that mathematics will also conclusively prove that a bumblebee cannot fly! A bumblebee's wings are too slender, it's body is too fat an unaerodynamic, for it ever to acheive the condition of lift plus thrust being greater than load plus drag; the situation necessary to acheive flight! L+T > Ld + D = F. That's the equation. Look it up.
All I'm saying is that Ms. Goodman's charming book gives me a roadmap of the Twelve Signs of the Zodiac about as reliable as the latest Rand/McNalley to earthbound travel.
And that's about as good as it gets.
Just don't loan it out and expect it back. Buy two. One to loan, and one to keep <and keep the second one for yourself!>!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any astrology student's library, Dec 5 2002
A thorough understanding of the sun signs seems to be an essential step for anybody seriously studying astrology. Linda Goodman has done an outstanding job describing them in their purest forms.
Goodman's writing style reflects men's and women's roles as they were in 1968, when the book was written. Some seem to find this offensive; I find it refreshing.
The wonderful thing about understanding the sun signs is that you can apply that knowledge in so many ways. I'm having a lot of fun "people watching," trying to figure out what a person's sign is based on their behavior. A knowledge of the sun signs can also be used to help understand the planets that rule the signs, and also to the houses.
Well worth the money even if you are not an astrology student and just want to figure out your spouse or kids!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate, Nov. 24 2002
dasn0wman "dasn0wman" (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I came across this book while waiting for something exciting to happen. A friend of mine offered to let me read it. After reading my own sign I was just totally amazed. Almost everything I read was true. The next sign I read belonged to this girl that I really liked but did not work out. I can't say what would happen had I read this book first, but I can say I would definitely know more about her than I had during our brief courtship. Not only is this book accurate, but it is very detailed too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Linda Goodman's Sun Signs, Oct. 10 2002
By A Customer
I have purchased several copies of this book over the past few years, but every time I loan it to someone because I want them to read a certain part, amazingly they never return it. Then I have to buy another copy!
Linda Goodman has an amazing talent for explaining astrology in a humorous way in which we can all relate and understand. I refer to this book a lot when I'm trying to "figure someone out". I personally have a library of Astrology books, but this is the one I most often refer to, followed in a close second by Linda Goodman's "Love Signs", and a puple book entitled "The only astrology book you'll ever need".
For anyone who is interested in astrology, even if they don't know a lot about it, this is a good book to start with!

ARRAY(0xb3c2615c)

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs
Linda Goodman's Sun Signs by Linda Goodman (Hardcover - March 15 1968)
CDN$ 33.66 CDN$ 19.75