5.0 out of 5 stars Memorable Book, Nov. 14 2003
This review is from: Dawn's Early Light (Hardcover)
Reading this book is like peeking into the lives of its characters. I felt as if I got to know real individuals rather than the inventions of the author. She deftly reveals more and more about each character - I was left truly caring about what happened to them. I could have read it in one evening but instead, I spread it over three days - this gave me time to think about the individuals and what I thought would happen next. It is a truly memorable book - one that my friends and family are lining up to share - I have a wait list for individuals who want to borrow my book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Historical fiction at its best!, May 24 2002
Cathleen Nine (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dawn's Early Light (Hardcover)
When I started this book I had already read "Yankee Stranger" not knowing it was the second book in the series.
"Dawn's Early Light" is a wonderful introduction, to the continuing saga of a complex lovable American family.
Thane knows how to develope characters in such a way that they become real. None of her characters are hard to picture. The reader inevitabley weeps and laughs with the characters through their plights.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dawn's Early Light (One of the Williamsburg novels), May 11 2002
Michelle (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dawn's Early Light (Hardcover)
This book was confusing to me! I had to read it twice to really understand it. I thought it was a very good book! I recommend everyone to read this book. Well, I need to go and read it again!

Dawn's Early Light
Dawn's Early Light (Hardcover - May 1978)
Used & New from: CDN$ 53.45