5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful!
Published on Jan. 6 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not what I expected...
Published on June 30 2001 by marylyn_

3.0 out of 5 stars It is not what I expected..., June 30 2001
"marylyn_" (Auburn, New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Money Before Marriage: A Financial Workbook for Engaged Couples (Paperback)
I had very high expectations for this book, and, truthfully they were not met. Although it is a "workbook" and helpful in that way, I did not find the actual chapters helpful. As a psych major in college, I had access to similar "quizes," however it was helpful to compare my fiance and myself, which I did not have the opportunity to do in college. Plain and simple: it is cheeper than taking a course in Psych of Personality, or having a psychologist administer a psychological inventory, but if you have experienced something like this in the past, don't waste your money... Oh yah, one more thing.... If you are not religious, and don't want a book that discusses God's view of money, this is, again, not the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful!, Jan. 6 2003
By A Customer
This is a great book! My now-husband and I bought two copies and went through it during the months before we got married, and it was really helpful in showing us how to put together our first budget. Even more than that, we learned a lot about each other (and this is after four years of dating) and about how we each deal with money. I'm sure those lessons will help us throughout our marriage as we deal with new financial circumstances and situations. I would recommend this book to any Christian couple planning for marriage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christian-filled way to open the lines of communication, Jan. 27 1999
By A Customer
Though the first two chapters are filled with spiritual advice, the personality and spending surveys are eye-opening. If you're looking for spiritual guidance as well as financial advice, this is a book for you. However, if you just want to get down to the nitty gritty of how you can cut costs, and live comfortably you might want to look into a more personal finance type of book.

Money Before Marriage: A Financial Workbook for Engaged Couples
Money Before Marriage: A Financial Workbook for Engaged Couples by Larry Burkett (Paperback - April 5 1996)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 16.05
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available