5.0 out of 5 stars A true Saint, Sept. 17 2003
This review is from: No Greater Love (Paperback)
Reading this book brought tears to my eyes just based on the sheer love for mankind this woman radiates. Besides being a touching account of what her day to day life was like of being of service for the sick and poor of the world, it is a great book of guidance and wisdom from a Saint who really followed the path of Christ from moment to moment every day of her life. One of the best reads ever as a source of Spiritual guidance and wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly Inspiring, Feb. 23 2003
This review is from: No Greater Love (Paperback)
The title of this review says it all. My husband and I both enjoyed reading it, learning that even Mother Teresa faced challenges and also hearing the advice she offered to others. This is a book I read some time ago, then picked up again this year, and I was amazed at how much I got out of it on a re-read. Some of her words just stick in your mind and come back to inspire and uplift you (me anyway) on challenging days. I recommend this book to anyone, especially anyone who feels they want more of God in their own life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine collection of her teachings, June 5 2002
This review is from: No Greater Love (Paperback)
Now in paperwork is this classic collection of the spiritual wisdom of Mother Teresa, a fine collection of her teachings which reveals her insights on love, prayer, service and poverty. All religions will find No Greater Love to be a moving testimony to Mother Teresa's dedication and work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Aug. 7 2001
Cynthia M. Allgood (Rogers, AR United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Greater Love (Hardcover)
Her heart is ALL God. It is rivoting reading that must be savored. Read and reflect on a couple of pages each day. You will find your insight and love for God grow to exciting levels. An awesome book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough stars, July 3 2001
Frederick L. Merritt Jr. (Louisville, KY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Greater Love (Hardcover)
This is the best book I have read thus far this year.
I was very impressed with the beleif system that Mother Teresa describes in this book. Especially the idea of "Jesus' disgusting disguise". What a wonderful way to phrase it !! Also the attitude of saving and improving lives before working to change the world.
The stories that she relates will make the reader realize the importance of the work that she did. Perhaps she will inspire readers to help others in some small way.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Greater Love, Helped Me Be a Greater Human, March 20 2001
This review is from: No Greater Love (Hardcover)
Each book I read "changes my life" so books are carefully selected. This book had a divine destination into my life. I read the book cover to cover, then I had the opportunity to present a lesson on love to a group. As I said the words, I could hear Mother Theresa's voice and I knew that I too will live "No Greater Love". A book each person on the planet should have the special opportunity to read and change their lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Wait To Share Mallowcups With Her., May 18 2000
This review is from: No Greater Love (Hardcover)
I can count on two hands the number of books I've read that have made foundational changes in my life. This is one. From this book I learned the following: "If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are." And (this is Mother Teresa quoting Gandhi)..."If Christians were to live their Christian lives to the fullest, there would not be one Hindu left in India." And last, "Let us put love into action. Let us begin with our family, with our closest neighbors. It is difficult, but that is where our work begins." I learned from Mother Teresa that God does not ask us to ditch it all and head for Calcutta or the local soup kitchen; He asks something harder. He asks us to live our lives inside out, where we are at. He asks us to love those in our own sphere, those in our own perimeters. Makes sense, I suppose. The change always starts at the core, at our heart, and seeps out from there. Makes sense it would touch first those closest to us...it's simply easier to keep a distant focus. This book did what I did not expect, it brought my focus to those closest to me. I've loaned it out so many times that I finally decided to get another copy for personal reference again. I wish I could thank her for what it meant to me, but she'd shoo it all on Jesus anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, Dec 18 1999
This review is from: No Greater Love (Hardcover)
This book gives the reader a glimpse into Mother Teresa's incredible love, caring, and faith. Truly an inspiring read from the saint of this century.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO GREATER LOVE has been a TREMENDOUS help to me., Jan. 19 1998
djginter@mitchell.net (Mitchell, South Dakota, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Greater Love (Hardcover)
For the past several months I have been working with a man who committed some sexual crimes against his STEP daughters. He faced up to 350 years in prison. Last Tuesday, January 13,1998 he committed suicide at 6:00am. I had spoken with him on the phone at midnight 6 hours earlier, and his Caller ID showed I was the last call into his house. I DESPERATELY needed "counseling" as I have feelings of guilt (I could have somehow done more) etc. My Veterans Administration Psychiatrist in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA spoke with me about 1 hour and then recommended I read NO GREATER LOVE by Mother Teresa. At first I was a bit reluctant, because as a Protestant I "pre-judged" the book would be for Catholics. MAN WAS I WRONG!! This is absolutely THE BEST book, besides the HOLY BIBLE I have EVER read. Mother Teresa puts it "where the rubber meets the road" so to speak. It has been the GREATEST "self-help" book I have ever seen, if you really want to deepen your spiritual life. It DOESN'T focus on "religion" but rather focuses on JESUS CHRIST. If you haven't read the book, borrow it from your public library. After you have started it, you will want to order it from AMAZON BOOKS at http://www.amazon.com. I have checked with MANY booksellers, both locally and on "the web" and Amazon has the very best price. THIS BOOK IS AN ETERNAL INVESTMENT. TAKE TIME TO STUDY IT AND YOU WILL BE MUCH RICHER IN YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE. Who knows, this book MAY have SAVED MY LIFE, as I was very, VERY despondent, and had serious thoughts of suicide myself. I give it a 10+ rating. I would also welcome any help/advice from anyone who has faced similar circumstances where a close friend committed suicide, and how YOU have dealt with it. Thank You. Don Ginter

5.0 out of 5 stars A women to be admired, Feb. 5 2013
J. Graham - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Greater Love (Paperback)
I was pleasantely surprised that this book contains quotes, interviews and writtings from Mother Teresa herself and not someone else's account of her life. This book is truly inspiring. There are many profound messages in this book. My personal favorite is the message regarding "freedom from self". Once you stop worrying about yourself, you may be able to dedicate yourself to God and others. This is a refreshing message in a society where everything is about me, myself and I. There is also a wonderful chapter on prayers and giving.

Mother Teresa is a great example of a true follower of Christ. We can certainly learn a lot from her example.

No Greater Love
No Greater Love by Mother Teresa (Paperback - 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 14.26