5.0 out of 5 stars Best Drug Guide For Nurses
Published on July 30 2002 by zyoumans

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting out of date every day - Not a Mac CD
I use this in nursing school and am finding a new edition is needed. Many new drugs commonly used are not in this eighth edition. I also am disappointed that they advertise the CD rom as Windows or Mac - clearly not usable in the Macintosh. :(
Published on June 2 2004 by Indiana Cat

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Drug Guide For Nurses, July 30 2002
"zyoumans" (Missoula, MT United States) - See all my reviews
My pharmacology class required Davis's Drug Guide For Nurses. Being a cynic, I checked out all the other guides available at the time. Davis's is the BEST drug guide for students, new grads and long-time nurses. Nursing dx are included with every drug listed. Quick and simple to use. Cross-referenced by brand and generic names. OTC medications get the same treatment as prescription medications. Davis's also has listings for the most used herbals and excellent content to help guide the nurse in herbal-drug interactions. The best deal out there, I am buying my third copy of this excellent resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep this with you while administering meds to clients., Dec 23 2003
M. Franta (Walnut, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I teach nursing, and this DAVIS Drug Guide for Nurses is a must-have for all my students as they learn how to professionally administer medications to their clients.
All nurses should have a convenient system to use when the occasion arises that a nurse gives a medication that they are unfamilair with...I found that this DAVIS Guide is a quick and easy way to investigate the medication, it's indications, contraindications, nursing considerations and idiosyncrasies. Adverse reactions and normal dosing ranges are included for all medications .....
There is also caution advised to prevent medication errors....near misses are always preferred over real errors any day. How the heart skips a beat whenever that happens!
Nurses NEVER intend to make errors, and this book gives a cautionary tale in the beginning - to help professionals understand the grave seriousness of it all.
It's never too late to buy an informative drug guide, and here I recommend this book to ALL --- professional or not.
It's cruicial that all people who give medications or take them understand the actions of the medications comprehensively.
The more one knows the more choices they posses.
Before you pass the meds,
pass the DAVIS Drug Guide!

5.0 out of 5 stars Registered Nurse, Sept. 7 2002
By A Customer
I work in ICU/CCU, and at times the ED. I especially like the syringe compability and IV compability guides. I have not found this information in other drug books for nurses. In an emergent situation, it is great to have one text which contains the information you NEED! Nurses in my unit will grab this book for reference (others are available), and so will the doctors. A Nurse Practioner referred this book to me, and I cannot thank her enough. I highly recommend Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses to all nurses, and student nurses. Paperback, 2002 edition review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Reference for non- Nurses, Sept. 19 2000
As a home health care therapist, I have been searching for a drug reference book that was easy to use and provided good information I could share with my patients. After reviewing several options, Davis' book meet my needs perfectly. I have given it to my staff for comment and it was so well received that today I am ordering 10 copies for our department.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Drug Guide!, Nov. 19 2003
Jennifer Sutton (TX United States) - See all my reviews
I am a 3rd semester nursing student and I absolutely love this drug guide. I have used others before, but this one is the best. It has the best IV drug administration info. It has side effects listed as the most life threatening in bold, and the most frequent in underlines. That makes it easy to wade through all of the possible side effects to the most likely and the most threatening that you may need to know for patient care and, of course, when getting quized by clinical instructors :) When my friends can't find a drug or a detail about administration they always ask for my book or my PDA (i have this version on my PDA also). This is the best drug book I have seen; it also has nursing diagnoses and great patient teaching instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best drug guide!, June 30 2003
"sheltonlp" (Longview, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I have used all the drug guides and this one is the most complete and easiest to use out of all of them. It is a little bigger than the others but it makes up with it with more simple language and more complete info. Along with the Taber's this book is a must for every nurse.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only drug book you will need, Jan. 8 2004
sherri (Alabama the beautiful) - See all my reviews
I have bought four different drug books since I began nursing school ...I sold the other three after I started using this one.
The disc is great for finding information for clinicals....and plan on keeping it after I graduate....well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, arrived in impeccable shape., Sept. 18 2009
This was my first purchase on Amazon and I was a little leery about it. I found a great deal from this seller so I decided to go for it. It arrived about a week later in impeccable shape. It was great that the seller also kept me updated with where it was. I knew exactly when it had been shipped and approximately how many days it was going to take to get to me. I definitely recommend this seller!

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting out of date every day - Not a Mac CD, June 2 2004

Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses
Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses by April Hazard Vallerand (Paperback - Aug. 1 1992)
Used & New from: CDN$ 1.47