biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Board bookChange

on December 23, 2005
I bought this book to share with my family for our annual holiday tradition of reading a Christmas story aloud. As I love snowmen, this was a no-brainer! The story is in poem-form, and flows beautifully, carried along with the wonderful soft, yet very lively illustrations.
This is truly a charming picture book that will fit beautifully into your Christmas season, with a simple message of joy and celebration, and even a reference to "the birth of a King" for those of us who are Christians.
Oh, and by the way, picture books are not just for kids! The youngest person present at our Christmas party was 14 years old, and the oldest 92! We have plans to purchase this book for our junior high school library :)
on August 31, 2008
This book is a favorite in our house year round. Our three year old loves the magical story and the illustrations are absolutely beautiful. Highly recommended for children of all ages.
on April 29, 2014
I have a daycare and bought this book for the kids for Christmas. I read my copy to them each day for a few weeks before giving it to them as a gift. They totally enjoyed it and were happy to have their own to look at the pictures.
on May 16, 2015
A beautiful book filled with lovely imagery and imagination. The story and illustrations are delightful. I read it over and over again at the request of my grandchildren long past the winter season.
on December 22, 2013
Great story and wonderful illustrations. This is a beautiful story book to share with grandchildren. The format was excellent for young ones.
on December 31, 2013
Good rhymes, charming illustrations. My only complaint is the mention of the birth of a "king". I prefer a secular treatment of the topic.