5.0 out of 5 stars Best Romance Novel I've Ever Read
Published on Feb. 16 2004 by J. Harripaul

3.0 out of 5 stars left me hanging
This is the first Brockmann book I have read and the first review I am compelled to write. The book for the most part was very well written, however was most dissapointed with the story between Alyssa and Sam. Take this to heart readers, I don't want to read another one of her books because of the unresolved story line and am worried if I do I she will just leave me...
Published on June 3 2002 by nicupnorth

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, March 26 2014
I really loved the romance/friendship that develops between Terri and Stan. They are both such good people. Still unfortunate that Alyssa and Sam just can't seem to catch a break in their love affair. Still hoping that they will get together soon for a HEA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Romance Novel I've Ever Read, Feb. 16 2004
J. Harripaul (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
I went through a phase in junior high school where I'd read romance novels all the time. I must have read at least five hundred. And they were all awful with weak, stupid women and Neanderthal men. Yet I kept reading them because I felt they should more than what they were. I stopped reading those pieces of garbage but I came across excerpts of Suzanne Brockmann's novels last year. So I picked up The Defiant Hero and Over The Edge at the library. I liked the Sam and Alyssa story in The Defiant Hero but it's this book that made me a Suzanne Brockmann fan. This book is what I expected from a romance and what those hundreds of novels lacked.
I enjoyed the multiple plotlines, interaction between all the characters, and the characters themselves. One thing about other romance novels I hated was that each "hero" was the baddest, best, toughest man around. It got laughable after awhile. In this book, although each man is the best and toughest in his own way, they're not in competition with each other. Stan is amazing. He can seemingly do everything yet he doesn't feel the need to be overbearing. And Teri is the one to chase after Stan, which is also a welcome change from other romance novels. Sam and Alyssa's story is bittersweet and addictive. And Gina and Max were a pleasant surprise. I've started buying copies of this novel to give as gifts to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book , i love it but ...., Dec 20 2003
V. Castro "Paula Cardoso" (Porto , Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
I really love this one , Stan and Teri they were perfect , wonderfull for each other . I would have give this one a 5 stars but there was something about other caracters i disliked . Since the first book ( The unsung hero ) i get to know Alyssa and Sam ; and i've been waiting for their story to develop into something real good . Now i've got to say i'm very disapointed ; Sam is such a wonderful man , fun , very atractive , kind ,etc ...i mean i think he doesn't deserve to marry someone he doesn't love and be unhappy !! I don't like it .I hate it !!
I don't like Alyssa as well , she's so cruel , so cold , so stupid !!!! She doesn't deserve to be loved by a man like Sam . I haven't read OUT OF CONTROL and INTO THE NIGHT but this week the books should be delivered and i'm looking forward to it , i just don't know if i'm going to purchase GONE TOO FAR !!<

5.0 out of 5 stars This book has everything, March 8 2004
Stephanie L. Colombo (Greenacres, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is absolutely fabulous. It has everything, Love, action, danger, humer, history, romance! I could not put this book down and my husband even wanted to know what was happening (and he hates books). This book also has the most tender storie that occured durring wwII. I have to get the rest of these books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Suzanne Brockmann's Navy Seal Team Sixteen Series, Aug. 22 2003
K. Kelly "Karlly" (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read all of Ms. Brockmann's Navy Seal Series and they are absolutely wonderful! Her books usually have two or three different threads going in each book and the way she ties them all together is great. These Navy Seal books also give great insight as to how the Navy Seal teams work and will leave you in suspense from beginning to end. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series (hopefully more will be forthcoming)!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a romance fan..., June 19 2003
Jen (Costa Mesa, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
I picked up Brockmann's "Into the Night" mostly judging by the first few sentences on the back cover. If I'd known it was a romance, I probably wouldn't have read it. The cover is not the traditional bodice ripping illustration, and that tends to make the book look like it's not in that genere. After I started reading the book, I was drawn in to the world Brockmann created and began to read the rest of the series from the first book.
So far, "Over the Edge" stands out as the best book in the series. Although Brockmann's plots exist secondarily, in place only as background for two characters to get together, this story of the hijacked airliner really kept me turning the page to see what would happen next.
The character of Max Bhagat really shines in this one. I'd like to read more about him. In many ways he is more intriguing than any of the Navy SEALS who make up the crux of this series.
I could do without the World War Two stuff though. I've gotten to the point where I skim it rather than actually read that part.
Brockmann's strength is in her dialogue. Dialogue is difficult to make real, and some authors never manage to get it right. In this case, the words the characters say are what make me keep coming back for more. I'm not a romance fan, and I could care less about reading love scenes, but some of the things these guys say to each other have me laughing out loud and smiling to myself whenever I think about it later. I'll keep reading Brockmann's work on the strength of her conversations between characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BOOK!, June 12 2003
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book so much! It was in a pile of books my mom had been given and i needed something to read, so I took it. It only took me a day to read through it. I loved it so much. Ms. Brockmann is definitely a great writer. At times I wanted to jump for joy, cry, smile....just every emotion possible. I love romance/suspense novels and this was definitely it. I immediately fell in love with the SEALs of team 16. I wish I could meet them in person.(dont worry, I know they're not real..I just wish they were so I could) I literally cried from joy and sorrow and the book took my breath away at times. When I finished reading I could barely see a thing cause my eyes were so blurry for reading for so long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!, Feb. 3 2003
"vt1752" (Sacramento, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow!!! This was my first Suzanne Brockman book, and I literally could not put it down. I'm very demanding when it comes to romance thrillers. So many authors overemphasize either the romance, or the thriller, yet Ms. Brockman delivered capably on both fronts. I liked the fact that she was chronicling several romances at once. These relationships were so believable, written with a lot of humor. My favorite scene is where Stan tells Muldoon he must be crazy if he doesn't think Teri's the sexiest woman on the planet. Stan's description of Teri was down-to-earth,yet eloquent, beautiful and moving. Also, the scene where Teri FINALLY makes the move on Stan was delicious. I loved the fact that Stan and Sam, although obviously strong men, weren't afraid to be emotional in front of their women. This is so unusual in romance novels, and I applaud Ms. Brockman for it. I did have a few complaints, though. First, Teri and Stan did a little too much waffling with each other. It made want to ask, "Are you two adults, or not? Get on with it, already!!" Yes, drawing out the conflict can create yummy anticipation, but at some point it gets tiring. Second, the character of Helga Schuler, who was valiantly battling Alzheimers, seemed out of place to me. She served almost no purpose in the book, and her connection to Stan and her "save-the-day" moment at the end of the book seemed concocted to me. Therefore, although her recollections of the romance between Annebet and Hershel were moving, when reading them I found myself repeatedly asking, "Why is this here?" Third, There was so much emotional drama going on between the characters (WildCard hit the nail on the head when he joked that their military mission was looking more like an episode from the Love Boat)that I didn't find it credible that these characters could still concentrate and perform well on the mission. They all seemed a little too adept at moving from emotionally wrought lover to ice-in-their-veins military mode. Other than those minor quibbles, I thought this book was sensational. I'm definitely going to read the prior Navy seal books!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great SEAL romance, Jan. 17 2003
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read so may books over the years it's hard to find one that sticks out. This is one of those books that you'll pass to friends, and make sure you get back. Lots of plot (and pages) for the money. Makes me want to join the Navy (almost).
Be sure to read Out of Control and Into the Night. Gone too Far due out July 2003.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suzanne Brockmann just dazzles, Nov. 30 2002
Shelly (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Over the Edge (Mass Market Paperback)
Suzanne Brockmann has taken romantic suapense by storm with her action-packed theillers. She dazzles readers with her remarkable cast of tough and tender U.S Navy Seals. The Defiant Hero,The Unsung Hero and Over the edge -are thrilling novels of steadfast courage,intimate passions and the profound risks that are taken between the call or duty and the lure of destiny in the name of love.The characters are very captivating and easy to love.None more then Sam and Alyssa.I love the two of them, they are the reason why I read all of her books in the Navy Seals series.I would love to see them get their own book and fine love and happiness together, soon PLEASE.

ARRAY(0xb5922798)

Over the Edge
Over the Edge by Suzanne Brockmann (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 28 2001)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49