5.0 out of 5 stars Breath Practice Demystified, Aug. 23 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Breathing Book: Good Health and Vitality Through Essential Breath Work (Paperback)
Clearly written and very readable, the focus of this book is not on esoteric breathing excercises but on remembering and relearning the deep, smooth, easy breath we had as children. With lots of explication and diagrams for the analytical among us, and many postures, excercises and meditations to try, this book offers good advice on how to identify and remove habitual stress patterns that encourage shallow or restricted breathing. The last two chapters- "The shared breath - Inquiries for couples" and "Minding the Breath - Cultivating Mindfulness" were definitely my favorites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, May 16 2000
I must admit I wasn't expecting to be impressed by this book yet I was. I liked the way the exercises were grouped so as to provide maximum benefit. It's also nice to get a complete understanding of what are the benefits to an exercise too. You can't go wrong with the clear directions provided by the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Fresh Air, June 24 2001
The book is simple to read, easy to follow and has clear explanations. It is well organized and the pictures are relevant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand, read and implement step-by-step guide., July 6 1999
By A Customer
I really liked this book! It is thorough, easy to read and understand. This is the first time someone has explained it to me in a way I can understand it! Excellent diagrams, exercises, etc. Not only an outstanding yoga teacher but also a good book writer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, June 26 2014
J. Burnside - See all my reviews
At first I almost didn't buy this I mean come on a book about breathing? But then I thought what do I have to loose. I mean as a soon to be yoga/ meditation teacher shouldn't I have as much knowledge as I can get? So I got it and its actually a very insightful book and and its straight forward and makes you aware of your breathing and the concept of how baby's and children use the whole lung but as we age we use less and shows us how to get back in to using the whole lung. Once again amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, March 24 2014
Clear and easy to read. I gained more insight into how to teach breath work to my clients. Highly recommend this book.

The Breathing Book: Good Health and Vitality Through Essential Breath Work