biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 23, 1998
Clearly written and very readable, the focus of this book is not on esoteric breathing excercises but on remembering and relearning the deep, smooth, easy breath we had as children. With lots of explication and diagrams for the analytical among us, and many postures, excercises and meditations to try, this book offers good advice on how to identify and remove habitual stress patterns that encourage shallow or restricted breathing. The last two chapters- "The shared breath - Inquiries for couples" and "Minding the Breath - Cultivating Mindfulness" were definitely my favorites.
on May 16, 2000
I must admit I wasn't expecting to be impressed by this book yet I was. I liked the way the exercises were grouped so as to provide maximum benefit. It's also nice to get a complete understanding of what are the benefits to an exercise too. You can't go wrong with the clear directions provided by the author.
on June 24, 2001
The book is simple to read, easy to follow and has clear explanations. It is well organized and the pictures are relevant.
on June 26, 2014
At first I almost didn't buy this I mean come on a book about breathing? But then I thought what do I have to loose. I mean as a soon to be yoga/ meditation teacher shouldn't I have as much knowledge as I can get? So I got it and its actually a very insightful book and and its straight forward and makes you aware of your breathing and the concept of how baby's and children use the whole lung but as we age we use less and shows us how to get back in to using the whole lung. Once again amazing.
on July 6, 1999
I really liked this book! It is thorough, easy to read and understand. This is the first time someone has explained it to me in a way I can understand it! Excellent diagrams, exercises, etc. Not only an outstanding yoga teacher but also a good book writer!
on August 21, 2014
This is very helpful book to keep your physical conditions better. You can choose proper breathing exercises against your unpleasant sensations. You will awake your body.
on February 3, 2016
This book is great! Very detailed, lots of explanations and exercises. I'm in the process of reading several books about breathing and I like this one the best so far.
on March 24, 2014
Clear and easy to read. I gained more insight into how to teach breath work to my clients. Highly recommend this book.
on June 17, 2015
This book has helped me so much to improve my breathing. I realized I was not breathing nearly as good as I could.
on November 14, 2014
Great book for folks starting out with yoga