5.0 out of 5 stars Grudgingly, a classic...
Published on May 28 2003 by Clark Paull

2.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected size
The book is great but I was expecting smaller square size and not huge album format. Will b looking for more convenient size.
Published 1 month ago by olga

5.0 out of 5 stars Grudgingly, a classic..., May 28 2003
Much like the jazz song accompanying my worst nightmare, in which every band member plays something different all at the same time, seeing one of my twin daughters approach me out of the corner of my eye carrying "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" brings about a cold sweat and makes me want to reach for a tube of airplane glue and a warm lager. I originally checked this out of our local library for them in the hopes of temporarily weaning them off the glass teat world of Barney, Little People, and Kipper, but little did I realize they would take to it like flies to garbage, memorizing most of it within a few hours. Shortly thereafter, I tried to hide the book but it kept reappearing until the mere sight of it became about as welcome as Roger Clinton backstage at a Marilyn Manson concert. My selfish motives and petty complaining aside, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" is full of colorful pictures, an easy-to-learn rhyming scheme and by its very nature is trance inducing to most kids under the age of 3. For that reason alone, it's a godsend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great First Book, April 5 2006
This is one of the first books we've been reading to our 6 month old son. Our son is having trouble with his vision and the Dr recommended challenging his sight every day to help the eye muscles grow strong. This book has bright, bold contrasting colours and simple illustrations that are easy to focus on. The rhythmic text keeps his attention and is great for learning lots of basics, such as colour, animals, and hearing basic language sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Animals, colors and sequences -- and so fun!, Jan. 30 2004
A. Ryan "Merribelle" (Westminster, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is another time-tested classic by author/illustrator Eric Carle. It opens asking a brown bear what he sees, and he replies, and the next page is the animal that he saw, and he is asked what he sees, and so on and so on.
As you might expect from Carle, his simple but wonderful illustrations are a big part of the appeal of this book. Each two-page layout is a colorful animal centered on a white background, and that's it. Kids will effortlessly learn colors and animal names as you read it to them, and maybe a little sequential logic. I'd say it's a great book for ages 1 through 5. (At least, my five-year-old still likes to sit in while I read it to my two-year-old).
-Andrea, aka Merribelle

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, July 7 2014
This review is from: Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader (Hardcover)
too small for child - thought it would be bigger.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected size, June 20 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Another classic children's story, June 14 2014
I bought this as a gift. I love the style of Eric Carle's illustrations. I don't know this story - I hope my cousin's little girl enjoys it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, April 29 2014
Large book...nice pictures

A great book to read to your toddler

Great to teach your child about animals, colours and birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Great children's book!, April 7 2014
This is a very popular book in schools. Most children seem to know it! Have ordered Panda Bear Panda Bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever., Jan. 22 2014
I have a home daycare and this is the book that is read the most. It is short and simple with big colourful pictures. The kids love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still a Classic!, Jan. 14 2014
I loved this when I was a kid and my kids love it just as much! Why does this review have to be a certain amount of words?

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? My First Reader by Bill Martin (Hardcover - July 20 2010)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.89