4.0 out of 5 stars Great supplement for any anatomy course
Published on June 21 2003 by GamerGirl

3.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed.
Actually much more than I needed for the yoga teacher training course and only really needed the muscles sections. Need good eyes as some very tiny detail. Good general info though along with the illustrations.
Published 14 months ago by Kathy Harding

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great supplement for any anatomy course, June 21 2003
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
I am using this book as a study tool for my Gross Anatomy course. Anyone who has taken an anatomy class can tell you that color-coding structures is one of the most helpful ways to remember them. There are drawings of bones, muscles, joints, organ systems and explanations of virtually everything that could possibly be covered in an anatomy class. The drawings are excellent and most of the features of the bones are labelled as well. This was very helpful to me since I had to memorize virtually every tubercle, ridge, groove, or other protuberance on every bone of the body. When I had trouble with the skull because the drawings in my class notes were horrible, the drawings in this book were much clearer and helped out a lot. If you are taking an anatomy class, this is a smart and relatively inexpensive investment that will help you remember everything better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent visual learning aid, must buy, Sept. 11 2003
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
I found this book to be excellent for helping me with my college anatomy and physiology class. I first tried to learn locations of muscles by just looking at pictures. However, for some reason, the muscles would not stick to my mind as easy. I then started using this book and coloring the muscles. In this way, the locations of muscles stuck to my mind and was able to recall them on the test. However, I also highly recommend the following:
Key Facts for Anatomy and Physiology
(ISBN: 0971999694)
I used this book for both my anatomy classes (Anatomy and Physiology 1) and (Anatomy and Physiology 2). Since it was easy to comprehend, my study time was decreased. This book was also to the point and it showed me which facts to study more. In this way, I was better prepared for my college exams while other students were still guessing what was going to be on the test. My advice is to get these 2 book for anatomy and physiology class. Both books are well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to Any Anatomy Text, March 10 2004
wiley18 "wiley18" (Tebbetts, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
I purchased this while taking a course in Anatomy, and did much better in the class. What would take the text a chapter to explain, this book explained in a few pages - sometimes in a few paragraphs. It was much easier to understand the organ systems when you could actually see how things worked. The coloring aspect to me at first, seemed rather silly, but it was so much fun that I quickly got past that! I would definately recommend this book to anyone taking anatomy - purchase it with your other texts if you can (I waited till mid semester to buy mine), and start off using it as a study guide - it will definately help. They make many other of these types of books also, so if you are studying biology, microbiology, physiology, and so on, it might also help to get these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Learning anatomy made fun and easy!, May 23 2003
Tilde Broch Østborg (Trondheim, Norway, Europe.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
This book is a must for anyone who thinks learning basic anatomy is a boring chore. Excellent for anyone who memorises things visually. The mere time you spend coloring each plate makes you remember both the shape, name and location of bones, muscles etc. I really like the addition of more "joint" plates to this version.
Slight minus: The names are not in latin, which is the preferred anatomical language in some parts of the world. (In my case, Norway.)

5.0 out of 5 stars think this is a kid's book? think again, June 14 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
I am in college-level beginning anatomy and the instructor was quizzing the class on terminology. He gave the definition or pointed to a body part and we had to shout out the answer. I knew all of the terms while my classmates struggled.
During break, my classmates asked how I knew/remembered this stuff. My answer? "The Anatomy Coloring Book." They blithely dismissed it as kid's stuff, a _coloring_ book. Well, that may be...but *I* know the material.

4.0 out of 5 stars review, Oct. 19 2013
Stephanie Dupont (Lachine, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Exactly what I needed. The revised edition has more information and explanations then the previous editions. Clear, useful very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning tool, Sept. 24 2013
I am beginning school to be a registered massage therapist. I do not have a science background and needed some extra help. My instructors use this method as a helping tool so I got both the anatomy and physiology coloring books to help me memorize. It is a help. I suggest if you are planning to take anatomy and physiology for any type of health related schooling, get these before hand as a boost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have book, Sept. 2 2013
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
Amazing learning tool for anyone in the field of medicine or natural health studies .Detailed illustrations that teach u through colouring how the body works .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for students, July 5 2013
This review is from: The Anatomy Coloring Book (Paperback)
Great for people who like to learn visually. It also helps with the short write ups about muscles, systems etc. I would recommend this product for anyone who is studying anatomy and physioolgy. Great value for the extra learning.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed., May 13 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Anatomy Coloring Book
The Anatomy Coloring Book by Lawrence M. Elson (Paperback - June 25 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.79