march boutiques-francophones SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 14, 2004
I am in college-level beginning anatomy and the instructor was quizzing the class on terminology. He gave the definition or pointed to a body part and we had to shout out the answer. I knew all of the terms while my classmates struggled.
During break, my classmates asked how I knew/remembered this stuff. My answer? "The Anatomy Coloring Book." They blithely dismissed it as kid's stuff, a _coloring_ book. Well, that may be...but *I* know the material.
on September 8, 2001
Just when you thought they couldn't improve on the original, they keep making it better. The third edition contains all the strengths of the first two editions with dynamite new additions that will help all students of anatomy. Go down to your local hobby shop and buy the biggest set of felt tip pens you can find. After the book is colored, it should be kept as a quick reference book. You color the labels to match the illustrations, so it's easy to look back and spot the name of the muscle, bone, organ, etc. Make sure to read the section on HOW TO USE THIS BOOK before you begin coloring.
As the owner of a massage therapy school, we use this book and Salvo's Massage Therapy: Principles and Practice as our two main texts. It is incredible for those who are visual learners. We highly recommend it.
on May 23, 2003
This book is a must for anyone who thinks learning basic anatomy is a boring chore. Excellent for anyone who memorises things visually. The mere time you spend coloring each plate makes you remember both the shape, name and location of bones, muscles etc. I really like the addition of more "joint" plates to this version.
Slight minus: The names are not in latin, which is the preferred anatomical language in some parts of the world. (In my case, Norway.)
on September 11, 2003
I found this book to be excellent for helping me with my college anatomy and physiology class. I first tried to learn locations of muscles by just looking at pictures. However, for some reason, the muscles would not stick to my mind as easy. I then started using this book and coloring the muscles. In this way, the locations of muscles stuck to my mind and was able to recall them on the test. However, I also highly recommend the following:
Key Facts for Anatomy and Physiology
(ISBN: 0971999694)
I used this book for both my anatomy classes (Anatomy and Physiology 1) and (Anatomy and Physiology 2). Since it was easy to comprehend, my study time was decreased. This book was also to the point and it showed me which facts to study more. In this way, I was better prepared for my college exams while other students were still guessing what was going to be on the test. My advice is to get these 2 book for anatomy and physiology class. Both books are well worth the money.
on May 2, 2004
This book was a life saver when I had to take anatomy! It soo saved me! I was better able to study for tests and I actually learned different sections of things such as the brain and cardiovascular system. If you are taking anatomy, I highly recommend this! It will help tremendously!
on March 1, 2016
Such a great idea! I am a very visual learner, so this book was perfect for me. The process of colouring itself is fun and relaxing, and I found this learning technique to be very helpful in improving my overall recall of the information. Each page is a self contained lesson, so it's easy to just meander through the book in your spare time, and pick and choose the pages that interest you most. I bought this because I was taking an Intro to A&P class, and really liked having this resource to help with the topics I was having trouble understanding or remembering.
on August 2, 2012
This is an awesome book. At first I thought it was useless because it seemed very complicated, but when you actually take the color in the anatomy that you need, this is perfect. The illustrations are very accurate and clear. It also has all the anatomy you would ever need. I didn't find a single anatomical portion of the human anatomy that I needed that wasn't available in the book. Definitely worth your money, buy it!
on September 24, 2013
I am beginning school to be a registered massage therapist. I do not have a science background and needed some extra help. My instructors use this method as a helping tool so I got both the anatomy and physiology coloring books to help me memorize. It is a help. I suggest if you are planning to take anatomy and physiology for any type of health related schooling, get these before hand as a boost.
on May 11, 2016
I bought this book to use for my university level anatomy course. There are descriptions of each part of the body you're coloring on the side, it helps alot with the learning process! I would recommend this colouring book for someone who is a visual learner and likes hands on activities. The figures and bubble words are easy to color. It has the potential to totally replace my textbook haha.
on August 8, 2003
I was introduced to this book through an anatomy class for a high school course. This book is definetly not for the casual anatomy student. The book has so much detail it is overwhelming but it is very helpful in forcing you to apply and learn the material. It definetly gets you allong the course, plus who doesnt like to color.