Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

on April 9, 2006
This book is interesting, informative, and written with a lucidity that is hard to find in the nonfiction genre. If you are reading it for entertainment or as a fan of Kurt and Nirvana, it definitely holds up to the good reviews.
Regardless of the bias you may already have before reading the book - be a filter, not a sponge (as Stephen Chobosky tells us).
Read the good and bad customer feedback, but bear in mind that some of the negitive feedback is hardly intelligible (such as glaring spelling mistakes) and more difficult to read through.
As a highly literate college student and a bookstore employee - I rate this book five bright stars out of five.
on October 23, 2005
I borrowed this book off of a friend and it is by FAR the most in-depth story of Kurt Cobain's life to date. I have read every book and seen/heard everything he has done and everything about him and this is a MUST READ for any Kurt/Nirvana fan. No other book has such detail about his life and the author did an excellent job with his research. I personally enjoyed the stories never-told before from his childhood and teenage years.
I am definetly going to get my own copy ASAP so I can read it many more times. A++++++++
on June 22, 2004
i believe the authors of any "murder theory" books are trying to make some money while raping Kurt in the process. Kurt felt like he was being raped by the media since Nevermind broke out, and now 10 years later, its still happening. I think the authors need to read Kurts Journals. There's even a time where he says "I bought a gun today and was going to kill myself, but I have a baby coming soon, so I got some herion instead". Read the journals for the truth. Its the truth from Kurt, not the guys who are raping him. You will also see his handwriting in the journals. The SAME handwriting that the authors say wasnt his (in the sucide note). You can tell when Kurt is on drugs by the difference of things he writes about and his handwriting. In Utero was originally titled "I hate myself and want to die", that sounds pretty straight forward to me. Kurt busted out of rehab and killed himself the next week. Why was Courtney calling Tom Grant? Because her husband busted out of rehab and he's mentally unstable. It makes sense. If Tom Grant had all this evidence with cassett tapes, why didnt se give them to the police? Why is it taken 10 years for this information to come out? For me, that doesnt add up.
on May 3, 2004
I thought this book was awesome. It helped me get an understanding of his life and death. I am now convinced that he was murdered and if you read this book, I hope you will too. Nirvana is one of my favorite bands even though I don't know much about them and when my sister got this book, I started reading it and knew alot within the first chapter. This book has a lot of details about ways it could've been a murder and I seriously think Courtney Love had something to do with it.
on April 30, 2004
This is by far one of the truest books I have ever read in my life. Kurt Cobain is my hero and he has changed my life in so many ways that you*will never understand. He was uaken from life way too soon and he will always be remembered. Courtney Love may have been able to get away with his murder for now but one day, she will be brought to justice and all of the TRUE Nirvana fans will be waiting for that day to come. I believe that even though Kurt is no longer physically with us, and Courtney may have been able to take him away, he will always be in our hearts and you can never take that from us! I strongly believe that Kurt Cobain was murdered and I strongley believe that Courtney Love had 100% to do with it all. It wouldn't take any idiot to know that. All you have to do is read the book and see all of the compelling evidence that has been found and brought up to convict her. The only problem is that no one has enough guts to stand up against her but I have a feeling that one day we will be heard and that one day she will be brought down.
on April 18, 2004
Okay, so there is evidence showing that the crime scene was swept, but befor police arrived there were private investigators,friends and family sent to the Cobain residence to search for him, NOT to mention the Courtney had called the police days befor Kurt had actually died, I find it hard to believe that Courtney who was in Los Angeles at the time of the "Suicide" had commited this alleged crime. I mean if anyone knew anything about Kurts life they would have known that Kurt didnt want Divorce, he said flat out numerous times " I would rather die then go through another divorce", Courtney organized interventions numerous times and was trying to stay clean. Kurt Cobain who was an amazing Musician,Father,Poet and friend to most.. did have major issues within himself, suicide?? uhh only mentioned in every interview the last 3 years of his life.
I mean its always fun to have speculation and listen to silly rumours about people knocking each other off but realisticly this book is nothing but that "Speculation".
Courtney Love is well lets say not the most loved woman in Rock and Roll, and to think just because she is famous the police would over look things is obsurd, if anything they would want to try harder to get her locked up.
This book is not worth reading unless you have a thrill for rumor.
I give this book a 0/10
on March 14, 2004
It may be great for the healing of curiousity, but are you sure you know the truth? For those who could care less about God, I fear for you a Great Day to come. No one should have the authority to judge or predict if they don't know the truth. Knowing is obviously more significant than thinking. This is similar to the O.J. case. Some or most people think he murdered his wife. Well, since God is our Creator, He has the Utmost knowledge and in the End He gives the Greatest Justice. Every single person is obligated to die and will be held accountable for his/her deeds. The most important thing to know is if Kurt Cobain made it to Heaven or Hell? I Highly doubt if I'm wrong, but being aware of the Hereafter is what this life is all about. Therefore, I strongly suggest everyone to think about this life as not being the only experience. Everything may not end the way we want it to, but it has to end. Furthermore, prepare for death and don't allow this life to decieve you away from God's Eternal enjoyment. God knows every mystery and is well aquainted with them. Learn to Learn!
on March 13, 2004
Interesting book, recommended for any one who has an interest in Kurt Cobain, especially if you think it was suicide read this and seek some interesting facts about the dead of a rock legend. The book covers Kurt's childhood, his early day's, his marriage, the crime scene, and what happened after his death.
Very good book all should read!
on January 23, 2004
This book is worth every cent you pay for. The authors Ian Halperin and Max Wallace have did some great investgating work and writing. It not only gives you facts, quotes from the people who knew Kurt best, to reviling reasons why the case should be reopend. It even gives you insight on Kurts and Courtneys lifes. This is a great book and is far better from the crap called HTH aka heavier than heaven which is very poorly writin. You want a real book in dealing with the Kurt cobain case? Then look no further, this is the book for you. And if you believe Kurt Cobain was murdered then sign this petition at, [...] This petition is being taking cared of by Nirvana fans who want justice for Kurt and will be sent out. You may have to cut and paste the link. Please sign and buy this book, thank you.
on January 11, 2004
The creative ideal seems to call upon many, though few respond. Among the few who do respond, fewer still seem to realize much of their creative potential. Those, like Kurt Cobain, who manage to reach the summit of their dreams, seem to face an even greater challenge of keeping that creative fire burning. When Nirvana splashed down into the musical scene of the early 90's, they sounded noisy and obnoxious to me. My son, who was ten years old at the time, said that lots of his friends were "into Nirvana." I decided to try and listen to the band and see if I could discern what all the fuss was about. This is when I heard "Heart Shaped Box." I was impressed. Shortly thereafter, I remember being up late one night with my wife, the TV on, and we just happened to catch the Nirvana Unplugged show. The acoustic presentation of their music brought out the melody and poetry behind the songs. Stripped of its electric armoring, one could glimpse the creative genius at work. At the same time, I found myself experiencing a sense of foreboding. How was this band going to survive the critical forces at work? I'd watched the Beatles come and go, finding themselves isolated because of Lennon's perceived slight of Jesus; then, toward the late 60's the passing of Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison....Like the "lone nut" theory that ended the life of JFK, these pop icons are supposed to have died because of the excesses of a rock and roll life style. When I heard that Kurt Cobain was now being added to the list of musicians dead at the age of 27, I found myself a bit cynical about the explanation being given for his death. That's one reason why I was drawn to read this book, "Who Killed Kurt Cobain?" At the very least, the authors have raised an interesting question. They may not have succeeded in answering it, but at least we have on record a fascinating inquest into an alternative, perhaps truer image of what happened to this very talented human being.