Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: HardcoverChange

on March 17, 2003
I admit that this is the first (OK, maybe the second) children's book that I bought more for myself than for Max.
The feisty wombat who sometimes likes to curl up in a ball is a quite active and wild little fellow. It is having fun with its friends running, jumping and screaming. The effect on Max is not exactly that of a "sweet-spirited bedtime story to ease young ones to sleep."
The highlight of the book is without any doubt the page where the wombat shows how to make funny faces. Hilarious! In fact, I had considered taking the book to the office for therapeutic purposes.
In sum: A fun read with beautiful illustrations. Unfortunately it is not a board book. It is bound to suffer from a three-year-old's enthusiasm.
on June 20, 2002
I purchased this book on a whim for my 2 year old daughter and even though it is still new, it is well on its way to being the most worn book in her collection! Life as this huggable, loveable wombat looks like so much fun! My daughter spends most of her time on the pages where the wombat makes all his funny faces. She points at each of his faces and exclaims "Look at that!" and then promptly tries to imitate the expression. It is a delight to see her repeatedly enthused by this energetic little guy and his friends. I'm going to buy this book for all my friends with small children. It is priceless!
on November 30, 2001
This book is absolutely one of the cutest books I've gotten for my son. "Sometimes I like to Curl up in a Ball" is fun, simple, and easy to read for the "baby" crowd, and also has the most gorgeous, sweet illustrations I have ever seen in a children's book. The look on that butterfly's face when little Wombat yells just makes me laugh and laugh!
I just came to Amazon today to find other books by this duo. If you have little ones, or know little ones, get a copy of this book. It would make a perfect gift -
on June 5, 2002
Illustrations rich with color and depth; words that are easily understood; and a story that simply touches the heart. I found this book perfect for my 3-year-old niece. The amazing artwork is so brilliant, it seems as if you could reach out and touch the fur of the wombat, or the koala's tuff. And, the story lulls you into the silly and precious life of it's hero as you race along on a day full of fun and glee, culminating in the heavenly peace of returning home to loved-ones. Perhaps I enjoyed it more than my niece!
on April 15, 2004
(...) After a long day, it's a special book to read - the bright illustrations and joyful prose always make me smile.
A great gift book for expecting parents and young children. The book's happy prose willentice any child to play "wombat" and act out the story.
I read this to a preschool class and had them act out the story as I read it, ending with "curling up in a ball" for naptime. I could see doing this with a young child before naptime or bedtime.
on August 30, 2003
I picked up this book while pregnant with my daughter because I feel in love with the illustrations and text. I read it out loud repeatedly before she was born, and countless time while try to soothe her to sleep during her 1st weeks of life. It was the first book I memorized. As she has gotten older, we've enjoyed the book in different ways since she is now looking and pointing to the pictures.
on November 15, 2012
This was the first book that I bought for my child (I wasn't even pregnant yet!) I had read it at the daycare where I worked and loved it so much that I knew I had to have it for the children we planned to have. I read it to my son throughout my pregnancy and right from when he was born. He has always enjoyed hearing it! Little wombat is so cute, fun and curious! The story is really fantastic!
on August 9, 2002
I am currently studying to become an early childhood teacher, i purchased this book to use with my 3-5's.
I initially purchased it because i LOVED IT! The pictures captured my heart, and the words are large print,easy to read and great content, my 3-5's adore it as much as i do, and it will be a book i'll be keeping for my own chn!
HIGHLY reccomend, you wont regret it!
on June 28, 2002
Wonderfully detailed artwork, a sweet main character, and a tone that warms the heart.
My 2-year-old son and I just love this book. Its message is that it's fun to play games and run and be silly. And the last page, where the baby wombat is curled up at the end of the day with mommy (or daddy) is one of my son's favorite.
You are sure to love it.
on March 20, 2004
I've had this book since I was 4 months old and now that I'm one I still love it. It's the only book that makes me stop what I'm doing and listen (I'm usually very busy playing with my toys). My Mum and Dad use the lines in the book to calm me at night when I'm a little bit upset and it always works. Of all the books I own, this is my favourite.