5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, Nov. 15 2012
This was the first book that I bought for my child (I wasn't even pregnant yet!) I had read it at the daycare where I worked and loved it so much that I knew I had to have it for the children we planned to have. I read it to my son throughout my pregnancy and right from when he was born. He has always enjoyed hearing it! Little wombat is so cute, fun and curious! The story is really fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for 2 to 5 yrs old, April 11 2012
Great for either play time or for bed time. Both my girls love this book. You can encourage your kids to imitate the character. (there's a page where he makes funny faces), not to mention the beautiful images. I would buy this again as a gift for toddlers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, cute story, Feb. 23 2011
K. Parker (Canada) - See all my reviews
I agree with the other reviews that this is a great gift. The illustrations are gorgeous, and you can read it to a little one and then look and point out all of the different animals with them. Good before bed story, wonderful addition to a little one's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fun!, Jan. 18 2006
Cathie Gould (Oakville, Ontario) - See all my reviews
My son loves this book, and so do I! There is lots of fun and action, right down to having to turn the book around to stand like the tree and see all the goofy faces. The artwork is so good we've got years more exploring to do. It's a great book for fun and snuggles at bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, Oct. 8 2005
By A Customer
Simple to read. My daughter adores this book, and even I don't get bored reading it over and over again. A wonderful addition to our library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, May 19 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball (Hardcover)
The illustrations are awesome in this book. They spark curiousity and creativity in both young and old alike. I highly recommend this book. It has become one of our favorites to give away for presents. It crawls in the mind of toddler-preschool age children... and their parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for first libraries, April 15 2004
(...) After a long day, it's a special book to read - the bright illustrations and joyful prose always make me smile.
A great gift book for expecting parents and young children. The book's happy prose willentice any child to play "wombat" and act out the story.
I read this to a preschool class and had them act out the story as I read it, ending with "curling up in a ball" for naptime. I could see doing this with a young child before naptime or bedtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars It always makes me smile!, March 20 2004
By A Customer
I've had this book since I was 4 months old and now that I'm one I still love it. It's the only book that makes me stop what I'm doing and listen (I'm usually very busy playing with my toys). My Mum and Dad use the lines in the book to calm me at night when I'm a little bit upset and it always works. Of all the books I own, this is my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful book- great story & beautiful drawings, March 15 2004
dakota7997 (Durham, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This book has such cute, whimsical drawings that are a joy to look at. The story is based on the day of a Wombat and about how he plays and has fun with his friends.
The drawback is that it sounds like it should rhyme and most of it does (i.e. FAST & LAST, FALL & SMALL) but about half of it does not (i.e. CAN & LAND, LOUD & SOUNDS). So that does get on my nerves a little bit but the pictures & story definetly makes up for that & therefore I give it 5 stars!!
The cutest part is at the end which is truly heart warming! I would highly recommend this & my 6 month old loves it and I am sure we will get years of reading out of this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 yr old & 5 yr old favorite, Feb. 11 2004
Scott Harris (Marietta, GA USA) - See all my reviews
My 5 year old reads this book and just cackles. My 3 year old points out everything. Great illustrations, great expressions, great book.

ARRAY(0xbcfcf888)

Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball
Sometimes I Like to Curl Up in a Ball by Charles Fuge (Hardcover - June 30 2001)
CDN$ 17.95 CDN$ 12.96