5.0 out of 5 stars A superb plea for the primacy of creativity in our lives., April 19 1998
Michael G. Dell'Orto (Wilton, New Hampshire USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Spirit's Terrain: Creativity, Activism, and Transformation (Hardcover)
I have been recommending the book to everyone I meet. Christopher Childs should be very proud of his achievement; it is clear, concise, well reasoned and deeply heartfelt. The author's personality shines through on every page; reading it was very much like having him here with me. I think what impressed me most was the balance that he sought to bring to activism -- he showed me it was possible to maintain principles and ideals while at the same time seeking to understand and open dialogue with your adversaries; to not lose sight of the goal while at the same time maintaining an awareness of the impact that the fruits of your activism will have on the way people live their lives. I agree wholehertedly with Mr. Childs' proposition that all of life is a work of art that each of us create every day. All of life is a struggle to achieve awareness; and that struggle to be fully awake and alive to all things around us -- our loved ones, our neighborhood, our environment and our impact upon it, our relationships with other living things -- is the life of the artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirituality, activism, creativity, intuition, July 7 1998
By A Customer
An exquisite book, which fully expresses Christopher's passion and intelligence. A call to explore a new intuitive activism, charged with creativity and flexibility. A book which explores the beauty of environmental activism, the same beauty found in the arts and spiritual practice. Very well written, and infused with the spirit of the author.

The Spirit's Terrain: Creativity, Activism, and Transformation