march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Audio Cassette|Change

on May 10, 2016
great book, deals with nazi germany without being to dark. good read and quick read.
on May 1, 2016
Lovely book arrived in good time,Pages brittle but for its age book is fine. Thank you
on September 14, 2015
Great book to use as a teaching aid.
on April 19, 2015
its awsome
TOP 50 REVIEWERon November 17, 2014
We have a few novels based on the Second World War at home. But I was always curious to read Number the Stars. When I received it I immediately set myself to read it. While reading it, I could see it would make a great book to study for my oldest son. I purchased a literature study for the book and plan to do it with him in the new year.

The novel tells the story of two friends living during the Denmark occupation. The Danish Resistance is trying to help the Jew population to save them. The book is easy to read and brings life in the resistance more realistic. Though it is an history novel, the book is based on what a friend of the author has experienced during the long years of the German occupation in Copenhagen. In the afterword, you will get more information at what happened during the occupation of Denmark in 1940.

I find this book to be a good fit when studying the Second World War period in history. It will give the reader a better understand of the risk taken by the Resistance throughout Europe to protect people in need.
on September 15, 2014
Good book that would be enjoyed by young readers who are interested in stories about Jews during WWII. Not too graphic for young readers.
on July 29, 2014
I have read this book to my children in the hopes that they will be inspired to consider difficult thoughts; as well as enjoy a good story and engaging characters.
on July 6, 2014
An absolute classic and a fantastic novel for use in school. The book can be taught from multiple perspectives and its various themes (friendship, patriotism, genocide) offer a lot of great talking points. You could give this book to a student between grade 5-8 and they could enjoy it.
on April 14, 2014
great. I love it. it's great, I really don't know what to say. I think it good education. I wanted to learn just what that book tot me. I hate death but that's part of war's. lessons are good things to learn. it had great detail witch made it interesting.
on September 9, 2012
I ordered this book, thinking it would take a long time to recieve it. I got it within a week and beating the estimated time frame. I hadnt read it for years and the minute i opened the first page I was reading pages till i hit the end. Great read and the condion was amazing.