5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Classic
Published 2 months ago by Ashley

3.0 out of 5 stars Plot too obvious
Hum... so I am not part of the appropriate age group that should read this. I found the book's plot too obvious, and from the start of the book one already knows which one will be the bad dragon. There is no suspense. However, it is a good book for girls, as it has two strong female characters: the dragon, and her princess servant.
Published on April 13 2003 by cpiy

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Classic, May 3 2014
My mom read these books to me and my siblings when I was around 8 - Since then I have read and re-read them many times. Two decades later I look forward to reading them to my children when they are older. These are truly enchanting stories, in a world that the reader joyously returns to time and again. I remember much of my make believe play taking place in The Enchanted Forest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in the series!, Aug. 13 2013
The first book of the Enchanted Forest Chronicles is the best, in my opinion. It's where you meet all of the characters, and get the most detail about the universe that Wrede explores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read for many ages, Feb. 6 2011
I've been looking for "alternative" princess stories ever since my 2 year old daughter started her mild obsession with princesses. A friend recommended this book and I devoured it! It is so well written, funny, loveable, and perfect for what I was looking for. I love the main character, the princess, she is so cool. :) The plot is in some ways predictable, but it is written far below my reading level, and in so many ways I was pleasantly surprised with plot twists. I can't wait to read this to my girls when they are older. But I'm sure I'll be re-reading before then for my own enjoyment. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, witty and funny, Jan. 26 2008
Draco Malfoy (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles is an amazing read. It has everything: adventure, excitement, humor, dragons, and a princess with an attitude! A very enjoyable series.

5.0 out of 5 stars a MUST read, July 18 2004
By A Customer
this book captivated me the moment i read the first page. i love this book and i have read it over and over and i still like it! I couldn't wait to get my hands on the sequal. It is a MUST read!

5.0 out of 5 stars COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, July 9 2004
By A Customer
IT WAS A GOOD BOOK AND IT IS ADVENTURERAND A STORY THAT COUD HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Engrossing Fantasy, July 1 2004
Erika Sorocco (Southern California, USA) - See all my reviews
Sixteen-year-old Cimorene, Princess of Linderwall, is everything that a Princess should not be. She's headstrong, curious, stubborn, opinionated, smart, and tomboyish. Not only that, she is bored. Utterly, and completely bored. So when she has the chance to runaway, she takes it. Now she's living with Kazul, one of the most dangerous and powerful dragons around. A dragon who looks vicious, but is really quite sweet to her. However, Cimorene being Cimorene, she has a knack for finding and befriending dangerous characters such as a witch named Moranz, a stone Prince, a death-dealing talking bird, some wizards who are up to no good, and more. Adventure was what Cimorene was looking for, and this little Princess certainly got it!
Fans of fantasy novels will be overjoyed to find DEALING WITH DRAGONS, which is the first book in the ENCHANTED FOREST CHRONICLES. Cimorene is an extremely fun character who will warm the hearts of children of all ages, especially females, as DEALING WITH DRAGONS is one of the few fantasy series heralding a female as the main character. The descriptions of the dragons, both personality and looks-wise, will charm even the grumpiest of people, as they are vivid and enchanting and make you feel as if you are right there alongside them. Patricia C. Wrede has done an amazing job with this novel, and I look forward to reading Book Two in the series SEARCHING FOR DRAGONS.
Erika Sorocco

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Start, June 3 2004
By A Customer
Dealing With Dragons is the type of book where you read the last sentance and you wish it had lasted longer. You wish that it didn't have to end. A book where you can't WAIT to get your hands on the sequal! I finished this book in less time than i expected it to take me to finnish. I fell in love with the story and the plot from the moment the characters were introduced through the climax to the moment where all of them were settling down again. What isn't there to like about this book? It isnt at all like the ideal fairy-tale with fragile princessses and heroic knights. Princess Cimorene isnt the average princess who spends hours learning ediqitte and manners and when to faint. She Prefers fencing and magic, all of which are "absolutely unheard of" according to her parents. But when she finally finds the life she has always wanted, its with a dragon named Kazul. Now take the princes that want to rescue her in spite of tradition and imagine how they would feel if the princess refuses to be resuced! That, my friends, is a story you dont want to miss! Each page is full of action and irony and lovable characters with realistic goals and traits. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, April 20 2004
J. P. Suhr "Slagar" (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Prince tired of have hear parent boss her telling her how to be proper. Not wanting to married runs off. From a frog she gets information of some people that might help here. When she get there she meet the dragons.
She is scared at first because some of the dragons want to eat her. She volunters to be a princess to one of the Dragons so she will not have to get married. Kazul a big strong female dragon take Comore in because she needs help with her latin. She loves cheery jublies and she like her.
There was on part in the book I thought was a little corney when Kazul has a part and has some of her friends over. You sevre dessert you think it would be something nasty like goblin intestines. But instead it's chochalate moose.
When I first read this part I laughed in my head. This book apparently is made for 5 year olds.
She help stop the evil wizadr society and the Evil dragon Warg.
Full of fun action adventure in comedy. If you like this book I recall reading the 3 sequels to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliantly Written Fantasy Book, March 29 2004
Dealing With Dragons by Patracia C.Wrede is brilliantly written. The characters are original and funny.
My favourite character in the book is Princess Cimorene, she isn't your average damsel-in-distress princess. She's strong, brave and can sword fight!
I'd recommend this book to people who are 8 years old to 98 years old! lol!
There is never a dull moment in the book, I basically couldn't put it down! Read it!

The Enchanted Forest Chronicles Book One: Dealing with Dragons
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles Book One: Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede (Audio Cassette - April 24 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 45.61