5.0 out of 5 stars A many splendid book
Published on Dec 30 2002 by Sidney Rosenberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Only a beginning book
If you want to understand more about Qi and spiritual aspects, I strongly recommend Falun Gong. That is the high level choice, and the healing effect is obvious, although in the Falun Gong Books the author emphasized why people should not intentionally seeking to healing.
Published on March 13 2003

5.0 out of 5 stars A many splendid book, Dec 30 2002
Sidney Rosenberg "Sidney-r" (Israel) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Healing Promise of Qi: Creating Extraordinary Wellness Through Qigong and Tai Chi (Hardcover)
At first, I related to this book lightly and let others that had a more flamboyant approach to the subject of Tai Chi and Qigong capture my interest. But then there came a moment when The Healing Promise of Qi took over to become a permanent feature of my reading life now for many months. With little mystery and great charm Roger Jahnke explains the Qigong way of solving some of the greatest mysteries of them all - how to joyfully unburden ourselves of emotional baggage and trauma and physical, mental and emotional disharmony in order to allow the wonders of life to express healing energy within us. All this he does admirably with little ego and much compassion. The insights in this book are many as so are its blessings. My heartfelt thanks to the writer for his truly wonderful gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish there were more stars to give!!!, July 9 2004
This book dwarfs all the other books on Tai Chi, Taijiquan and Qigong, including Embrace Tiger Return to Mountain and Mastering Yang Style Taijiquan. If Amazon.com would allow 10 stars for best, then I would give this 10, and all others so far, only 5 stars. Why?
1. Every book focuses on the teachings of particular lineage or teacher. The book may be very good, but since no teaching can be called ABSOLUTE it just becomes one among others. This book, instead of teaching a particular style of Tai Chi or Chi Kung, focuses on explaining all the aspects of Chi cultivation. It creates the space in you for further insights which you can use in whatever style, level or aspect of Qigong you are working with.
2. The author maintains a very fine and enviable balance between theory and practice. There is enough theory to make you an informed practitioner rather than a blind believer in the curative benifits of Qigong and Tai Chi Chuan, but at the same time there are detailed descriptions of practices which you can learn. The illustrations are excellent and very artistic. The theory never gets so informative that it makes the reader confused. This also shows that the author knows what he is speaking about or else one can never maintain this balance.
3. This books writing style and content clearly makes it evident that the author not only has studied Chi Kung but also lives it as well. This helps in trusting the teacher as you learn from the book.
4. This book is life changing because of the fresh and open perspective it gives and the way it unifies all the concepts of Taoism, Tai Chi and Chi Kung, the way it elaborates on the concepts and the simple yet powerful practices it teaches.
5. There was one amazing thing I noticed with this work: The author when explaining the theoritical aspects never asks you to believe in what he says!!! In fact he says not to bother about it too much and go ahead with the practice, which he says will automatically teach the theory behind it.
6. No matter what level of practice you are at, no matter which style you do (Taijiquan-Yang/chen/Wu or Qigong etc.) this book will help you, this much is for sure.
7. The first part of the first chapter seems repetative after reading the introduction because the author simply keeps repeating the benefits of Qi cultivation. But this in NO WAY reduces the glory of the Book.
8. The book is so designed that you can begin with any chapter at any time.
9. I wish the book were a little smaller in size so as to enable me to carry it wherever I go.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book: Highly recommended, Oct. 28 2002
Healing and empowering, no matter what your state of health. The explanations in this book are crystal clear. There is value here for every reader, whether you are an expert in Qigong or new to this practice. I especially appreciate Jahnke's explanations of the underlying concepts; they not only help you understand Qigong, but also the basics of much of today's emerging energy medicine. Exercises are simple to use and can be effectively integrated into daily living. My favorite exercise (so far) is "Watching Clouds Pass" on page 157. This exercise balances and centers my body while it reminds me that problems and situations can pass like clouds. I highly recommend not only this book, but also Jahnke's earlier work, The Healer Within. Accessible, easy to understand, and powerful. Great for gift giving.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healing Promise for Everyone, March 25 2002
By A Customer
Whenever I visit my online or local bookseller, I can spend hours selecting a book that promises to take me places. One that promises and delivers, is Roger Jahnke's newest book, The Healing Promise of Qi. Usually books on this subject lose me, even with my long standing personal interest and study of martial arts and Qigong, because the focus is less grounded and more esoteric in approach. Not only is Jahnke's book a comprehensive and definitive work, but it is like sitting down with a wise friend, who offers to show you a few things to change your life!
I found this book to be useful both to beginners, and those who are more advanced in their practice, like myself. The 100 plus illustrations were easy to follow, and particularly felt that the Mind Focus affirmations associated with the Ten Phases of Qi Cultivation and Mastery helped me to get the spirit of the practices. The calligraphy throughout the chapters also imbued this book with a special magic. I believe the Chinese would also call this Qi.
If you are seeking to expand your capacity to transform and heal your life, use The Healing Promise of Qi. It assures that through awareness and practice, you will find powerful assistance.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Is A Treasure, Sept. 18 2002
By A Customer
I have so many books on Tai Chi and Qigong in my library, that when I tell you that this by far, the best book on the subject, I am coming from a place of experience.
At last all, all the information I could ever want in one place! It is inspiring to me, how much you have written about something I love so much, deepening my understanding, unlocking key ideas which have remained elusive over the years. I am in agreement with your focus on the heart center and was very happy to find that in your work, along with the affirmations. The Healing Promise of Qi is accessible to understanding seemingly complex ideas, and works well because Roger Jahnke conveys to western readers in terms we can understand. This book is destined to be a major force in the lives of Westerners for a long, long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Work, June 30 2002
Jasch Hamilton (Moss Landing, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Roger Jahnke has taken the ancient practice of Qigong - a healing meditation practice that combines gentle movement with focus, posture and breath - and has truly made it accessible to beginners. And we're not just talking about theory here: I was able to immediately begin practicing on my own with his clear instructions and accompanying illustrations. On the theory side he weaves a remarkable story using current scientific insights to support ancient Chinese concepts in a way that leaves you inspired and confident that this is indeed the real thing. The key to any meditative healing practice is actually doing the practice and this book is as motivating as I've ever read in getting me to get up and go for it. It has the feel of a companion that I'll be able to turn to for years to come, without it ever getting stale or out-of-date. The three promises of Qigong - it's free and accessible to everyone, you'll benefit if you practice, and it's easy to do - are clearly derived from the author's years of personal experience, practice and deep desire to share this wisdom with a wide audience. Many thanks from a new student.

5.0 out of 5 stars World T'ai Chi & Qigong Day Founder - Roger's work is GREAT!, March 31 2002
B. Douglas "wtcqd2000" (Kansas City, USA) - See all my reviews
Roger Jahnke is one who can make the profound benefits of Qigong accessible to EVERYONE !! He has worked long and hard to educate the public on this extraordinarly health science, and his primary goal is to help us "get it!" Thanks Roger Jahnke for this work.
Bill Douglas ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Only a beginning book, March 13 2003
By A Customer
It is estimated that 100 million Chinese people go to practice Falun Gong after trying many different Qi Gongs in the past 20 years (before the persecution in China happened).

CDN$ 30.95 CDN$ 29.40