5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!
Cleverly made, great artistry. The Graeme Base books were chief amongst many held in highest regard through childhood. As an adult, they are no less impressive or enjoyable to rediscover.
Published 4 months ago by M. Molnar

2.0 out of 5 stars The Sign of the Seahorse, for Adults or Children?
This book has beautiful illustrations and is very unique, however it did not hold my son's attention for very long. I believe this book is for older children and for adults much more so than for my nearly 4 year old. The story is quite long and some of the language used is not part of most small children's vocabulary.
Published on Dec 9 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic!, March 5 2014
M. Molnar "Renaissance Man" (Vancouver, B.C. Canada) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful book, Dec 21 2012
This review is from: Sign of the Seahorse (Hardcover)
Have had a chance to read this before ordering a copy of my own. It is a delightful read for my children and myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beauty in words and pictures, Oct. 24 2010
This review is from: Sign of the Seahorse (Hardcover)
This is a fun book to read aloud together as a family over several sessions or just on my own. THe rhymes are fun and catchy, yet with a meaningful story line. Love the caricatures of characters in the illustrations as well. It is a book we return to every few years and it still is enjoyable. The environmental message is a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sign of the Seahorse, Oct. 8 2003
By A Customer
The Sign Of The Seahorse is one of the best books I have ever read!!! I love the ocean and the discription of the scences and you never get confused about anything. You can really relate to the story even if you are not a fish. Everthing makes sense and it also shows that alot of people always want something better, yet some are already happy with what they have. I would give anyone this book to read because it is just so well writen, the author is totally brillant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Teachers, March 1 2003
By A Customer
This book is a wonderful addition to any classroom grades 2-8. The language is rich and colorful. The story is very detailed and offers great discussions among the children. This is a MUST have for parents and teachers.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's most favorite book, Dec 6 2002
By A Customer
We started reading The Sign of the Seahorse when my son was 6. He is now 10 and it remains his favorite book ever. In fact, the rhymes have launched my son into reading other poetry and making his own. The story is totally in rhyme and starts with a bit of mystery. The dialog takes you through unraveling this mystery and ends with an almost fairytale ending with a hero and a bit of romance. The illustrations have wonderful details, and every time we read the book we see something new. We have bought every one of Graeme Base's books, and they are all very good and hit various age groups, but The Sign of the Seahorse is a work of art in both picture and word.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is GREAT!, April 22 2002
By A Customer
This book is the best book ever! My school is doing a play on it and I'm a seahorse! Children of all ages will LOVE IT! So order this book RIGHT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book by Graeme Base, Dec 11 2001
By A Customer
My 6 year old and I both loved this book. Not only are the illustrations lovely to look at, but the story is enjoyable on both a child's and adult's level. Some of the content (and big words) were beyond my son, but he enjoyed the story generally. It was easy to read aloud, and the rhymes were clever. All in all, worth a read, and even worth it just for the illustrations.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Sign of the Seahorse, for Adults or Children?, Dec 9 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars Sign of the Seahorse, Aug. 31 2000
By A Customer
I have to start off with that this book brings sentimental values to me. The Sign of the Seahorse, was read to me while I was recovering from brain surgery in the hospital when I was Nineteen. I am now twenty seven and I re-read it every year. The story will never get old. I have been a huge fan of Gramham Base for many years and have collected all his books. Each book is very special and different. I hope to one day share these with my children.

Sign of the Seahorse
Sign of the Seahorse by Graeme Base (Hardcover - Sept. 15 1992)
CDN$ 21.95 CDN$ 15.85