5.0 out of 5 stars This book has bight
A great overview of the basic to intermediate climbing/rigging knots. (or bends and bights as you will learn if you buy this book). A great little book that you can take anywhere - a hiking knapsack, a tool bag, car, school bag, etc. Features a nice history, general overview, notes on maintenance and of course a nice selection of the most crucial and popular climbing...
Published 7 days ago by M. Julian Marles

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous information
I really liked the book, the drawings are great and the words are fun. I was rappeling not too long ago using the prusik to make me safe like they do on the cover of the book. The prusik tightened onto the rope just at the end of my reach, and I was hanging from the one loop around my leg. It was really uncomfortable and it took me a long time to get free. I asked a guide...
Published on Jan. 15 2003 by Frank Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy, this is sure a great book, Jan. 17 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Knots & Ropes for Climbers (Paperback)
I worked with this book and some cord for a couple weeks before starting gym and outdoor climbing, and it made the instruction breeze by. The illustrations are easy to follow, the reasons to use one knot over another are useful, and the context of why each knot variation is helpful and builds a great platform to learn more.
One of the most useful pieces of climbing equipment I've bought. It seems the guy who said the prussik was dangerous didn't actually read the text, which said to keep it in easy reach. Climbing is dangerous - make sure you are prepared and understand what you are doing before you do it.

Knots & Ropes for Climbers
Knots & Ropes for Climbers by Duane Raleigh (Paperback - Jan. 1 1998)
CDN$ 13.50 CDN$ 12.18