5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Great, Great!, Oct. 3 2003
A. Furr "Music Mama" (Escondido, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
This book is wonderful! I am a substitute teacher and I carry this book with me just in case. My classes, 1st - 5th, love to listen to this story. It lifts their spirits and gets them giggling. It has saved me many times!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll Never Forget...The Night I Followed The Dog, May 26 2003
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
The first time I had ever read this book was when I was about eight years old, when my teacher read it to the class. I fell in love with it, checked out a copy at the local library, and read it non-stop. Even after five years, I still enjoy reading it to this day. It's a hilarous tale about a boy who follows his dog, and sees what he does during the hours of the night. This book is intelligently written, and has fun designs next to the words on every page. The imaginative pictures really add to the book, and really make you wonder...do dogs really have a secret life after we all are in bed? Anyone debating about whether or not to purchase it, it is highly recommended by me. It's a very good investment, and it's definitely one of those books that you will have a hard time growing out of.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night I Followed The Dog, March 17 2003
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
This book is brilliantly written. Any kid of all ages would get a chuckle out of this book. Who knows maybe it might be true our dogs go out at night to their own clubs or they might have a doghouse with indoor plumbing and a living room! Well this dog does in this book. He is a owner of his own club were dogs go to at night. One day his owner followed him when he lets him outside at night. He rode his bike all around town following his dog to where ever he goes. I recommend everyone should read this book because its possible it could be true! Wouldn't that be interesting to see. This dog in this story is cool and sly. He does admit to his owner that he thought he would eventually find out.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night I Followed the Dog, March 12 2003
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
"The Night I Followed the Dog" is a story about a boy who thinks he owns an average dog. Then one day he sees his dog early in the morning get out of a limosine. The next night, he follows his dog through town on his bike while the dog rode in the limo. He follows the dog into a building in a part of town he didn't know. There he finds a club filled with dogs where his dog is the leader. He stays with his dog for a while and parties before heading back home because it is late at night and past his bedtime.
I think that this is a very good book. The text is very interesting, being written in accordance with what it means. It keeps you guessing about what's going on until the end. It also does a good job at describing the characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fifteen Year Old Dog Lover, Oct. 13 2002
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
I first read this book when I was, oo... six or seven. Anyway, I read it 24/7. I thought it was so cool. Then I lost it when I moved. After I lost it I forgot about it. But by some freak thought wave, I remembered it and I wanted it sooo bad! This book is a great book. Very wholsesome yet enjoyable for adult readers as well. Thank you Nina Laden, for a gem of children's literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly conceived and executed-absolutely hilarious!, March 8 2002
David J. Gannon (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
This is one of those rarities-a book where every single element is well conceived and brilliantly executed. The story is terrific, the illustrations are simply wonderful and event the text gets into the act artistically (the word bite drawn so that there are teeth marks outlining where a chunk of the text is missing, for example).
The story is also hilarious. One night a young man follows his dog-whom he regards as the most boring dog in the world-who's dressed in a tux, jumping into a limo and obviously ready for action. The dogs destination? A club for canines called-what else???--The Doghouse, a place where a fellow can relax and really let his ears down, so to speak.
A whimsical, hilarious book that the entire family can and will enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night I followed the Dog, Sept. 13 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
Absolutely hysterical. My five year old son LOVES this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Dog!, March 19 2001
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
A young boy always thought his dog was kind of boring. All he ever did was eat and sleep. He couldn't sing or change the TV channels like his neighbor's dog and he never won any medals at obedience school. But all that changed, the night he followed his dog. This boring old dog headed straight for his doghouse, changed into a tuxedo, ran down the street, jumped into a limousine and headed downtown to a nightclub called The Doghouse, a place where dogs can relax, have a few bowls of water and lie on the sofas. It's a place where dogs can be dogs..... Nina Laden has written a charming, funny story of a dog's night out that will delight youngsters with it's witty story line and expressive artwork. Her text, written in the first person, is printed to look like a kid's handwriting and is full of playful picture-like detail (roll-over is upside down, wagging is wiggly and wagging and eat has bites taken out of it) and her illustrations of canines nightclubbing, will have kids and adults alike, laughing out loud. This is a marvelously creative and imaginative picture book that is sure to take your youngsters on a hilarious adventure they shouldn't miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Fun for Dog Lovers and Children Alike, Oct. 7 2000
Reginald D. Garrard "the G-man" (Camilla, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
Great simple story of a "dog's night out!" A whimsical and vividly drawn tale of a boy spying on the nocturnal activities of his pooch, the book will be one to share with multi-generations.
This one should be a children's classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent jumping off point for creative writing, Feb. 24 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Night I Followed the Dog (Hardcover)
I read this book to my class and they loved it. So much so that we came up with our own version of The Night I followed the Cat. This book was a great catalyst (pardon the pun) for a creative writing experience that my students loved. I am going to check out her other books to share with my kids at home and at school.

The Night I Followed the Dog
The Night I Followed the Dog by Nina Laden (Hardcover - Sept. 1 1994)
CDN$ 19.99 CDN$ 14.43