5.0 out of 5 stars Take a chance...
...on this one, even though there's no picture, because it's truly gorgeous and fun. From the studios of Margo Chase Design, the cover is worth the price alone. Inside you'll find plenty of quotes to help get both your pen and your motor running, and all your secrets will stay safely under lock and key. Candy for the eyes, mind, and loins -- what could be better?
Published on Aug. 4 2000 by Elizabeth A. Genco

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty
I thought it would be a normal book, but it had two covers. The inside was a normal cover and the outside was a softer cover with a lock and key. I really did not like the outer cover. It would squeak and not lock correctly. I ended up tearing it off. Much better than way, but the writing on the inside is quite nice. Would I re-purchase? Probably not.
Published 20 months ago by Mary

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty, Nov. 21 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Take a chance..., Aug. 4 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazingly Beautiful Journal, May 14 2003
S. L. Leuchs "stacemay1" (Glendale, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
This journal is absolutely beautiful. It has lovely quotes, soft, pretty pictures and lots of space for writing. While the journal is a pinkish/red and brown, the colors are what make the outside beautiful. The pages are an off white with light mauve drawings and quotes. There are a lot of pages to write on, so you don't have to worry about running out of room and getting another journal quickly and there's even a lock and key so that no one can read what you write unless you want them to.

5.0 out of 5 stars a work of art, Feb. 4 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
this has to be one of the most beautiful creations i have ever seen. it's so beautiful i bought two, just so i could have one to keep pristine. full of line and photo collage art, quotations on love and desire on each page, it's a great journal, a must for anybody wanting to write in depth about their life and desires. perhaps the only problem is that for the prolific writer it might not last very long. you might feel a bit nervous writing down your thoughts in such a beautiful book, but it's worth it - a perfect book for calligraphy. it is lockable, and the keys come in a little envelope sealed with a proper red wax seal on the back of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Desire; make it yours..., June 22 2001
Brandy Hofmann "Mixed Media Artist" (Sedona, Az. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
This Journal is one of the most beautiful ones I have seen to date. It truly invites you to explore with pen your most intimate thoughts onto paper and even promts you to write neatly as well to keep in heart with the gorgeous illustrations. I love the three fold book form. The cover and subtle background illustrations are stunning and the qoutes are thought provoking and add a bit of mystique to this book as well. I have give this book to a B and B that I stayed at as their comment journal and it was so fitting with our equsite stay there. I can think of many uses besides a journal. But that would be the main objective! However; if you are not a journaler you need this book in your home regardless of your use. This is the most beautiful Journal I have ever encountered and it has it own lock and key with a litle hidden envelope tucked outside for your keys safety. A must for all journalers and a must for anyone that appreciates fine art work and fine books.

5.0 out of 5 stars A place for your secrets, March 14 2001
Kitty "Kitty" (Milford, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
Oh how I loved this journal. I found it in the corner of a bookstore and it jumped out at me. I had to have it and as soon as I got home I began to write my soul on to the pages. It is such a beautiful book. I filled it with passions and dreams in just a few short months and most hidden desires. This is a must have not only for any woman with a romatic side but even a man could right in here. I could just picture Shakespere writting in this with a quill.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Journey, Jan. 11 2001
Cassandra Armstrong (Tampa, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
This was a beautiful journal I'm glad I bought. Over a year old now, it's finally almost filled up. Nice size pages, ink doesn't bleed, it was perfect! I recommend this to anyone looking for the perfect journal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Must Buy Beautiful Journal, Aug. 14 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
This journal is absolutely beautiful. It is a lined journal, with quotes or illustrations on some of the pages. I can't even describe it. I've never seen anything like it. It would make a cute (but sexually suggestive) gift, or inspire you to write within it. I highly reccommed this. I've been looking all over the internet for a journal like it (i'm almost our of room) but nothing compares to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING! A MUST HAVE!, Aug. 31 2011
Sarah Mariani (Calgary Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
I am now buying the second journal because I LOVED the first so much and was quite sad when I got to the end of it. I searched for a similar book but could find none of its likeness. Pages are thick, binding does not crack or break so no pages fall out, and the quotes are enough to make a grown woman blush!
It truly is a wonderful book and well made (and I have my fair share of books!)
I recommend it to anyone!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, Oct. 22 2007
This review is from: Desire Journal (Hardcover)
This book is beautiful and it's great for that friend who loves deeply its the perfect book for a person who is so passionate for love and all things that make this world happy and good and right. the color of the pages and the illustrations are a very nice touch and add to the overall theme of the design. I want to keep it!! I gave it 4 out 5 because the lines are a bit widely spaced.

Desire Journal
Desire Journal by Chronicle Books (Hardcover - Oct. 1 1998)
CDN$ 23.95 CDN$ 17.48
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available