5.0 out of 5 stars A Feastful of Delight, Feb. 12 2009
Parka (Singapore) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME)
Length:: 0:29 Mins

This is my fifth artbook from Pixar.

In typical Pixar artbook fashion, the pages are filled with concept drawings, visualizations and the thought process that went behind the production of Ratatouille. Through these pages, you'll come to a realization that their success is no fluke.

The creators travelled to France to research on the restaurants, food and the people. The effort and level of detail they put into the research can be clearly seen from the artwork from the book. The concept art and renders of the food in 3D made me imagine how they will taste if they were actually real.

You'll be able to see a lot of character designs for the humans as well as the rats. Sculpted models are also provided in photos. The storyboards, as you'll see plenty, are followed strictly in the movie. The compositions and lighting are the art form itself.

This book is filled with life and food, just like the movie. It makes for a perfect coffee table book.

There are more pictures on my blog. Just visit my Amazon profile for my blog's link.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concepts at their finest, June 27 2013
keefsey - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Art of Ratatouille (Hardcover)
As I am a huge fan of concept art in general, I never not like these books. A beautiful 160 page collection of the thought process and creation of years of hard work. I think sketching and concept art have a looseness to them that you do not see sometimes in Production art. I think there is a lot more energy and freedom to hash out several ideas at once. I enjoy that. I will continue to pick up these types of books in the future, and I suggest, if you are at all interested in conceptual art, you do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book!, Dec 13 2012
This review is from: The Art of Ratatouille (Hardcover)
Amazing details, behind-the-scenes, pictures, and insights! This book is perfect for any animator enthusiast, particularly if they love Pixar! Well worth the money ordering through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, Nov. 8 2009
A. Chan - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Ratatouille (Hardcover)
This is a great art book full of inspiring artwork and informative with the process for the film!

The Art of Ratatouille
The Art of Ratatouille by Karen Paik (Hardcover - May 1 2007)
CDN$ 50.00 CDN$ 31.50