5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Baking Book Period, Feb. 10 2012
Angela Sheppard (alberta, canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes (Hardcover)
When I first got this book, I drooled over all the pictures and recipes. Once I started baking it only got better, everything I have made has been absolutely amazing. The yellow birthday cake with chocolate ganache frosting blew me away, seriously the best cake I have ever tasted. I can't reccoment this book enough every recipe is a crowd pleaser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting bakery book with short stories, May 6 2011
When I first got this book I was a little bit disappointed as there were not much pictures and demonstrations like my other Bakery Handbooks. Later the more I read it the more I like it. I enjoyed reading every recipe as it has an interesting short story at the beginning. Even I am an experience baker; I could still get something new from the book that I have never noticed before. Because of Joanne's generosity sharing FLOUR Recipes with readers, I could make and test those goodies from Toronto instead of driving to Boston. I highly recommended this book to my family and friends.

Wishing Joanne has a great success in her next book and don't forget to add more pictures to it.

Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book - Flour, Oct. 24 2012
E. Thomas (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This truly is a bakery book. From scones, brioche to cakes with butter cream icing, croissants, home made pop tarts and oreos...cookies, etc. The recipes are delicious and impressive. Some are very simple, while others may take a few days with dough rising and such. It's more time consuming, but not too difficult to do. Instructions are clear and easy to understand. Many nice photos. I can't find any recipe in this book that I don't want to make. I have made several of the cakes and have impressed my dinner guests. The carrot cake comes out perfectly, with a flat surface that is easy to ice. The Fluffy Chocolate Icing, Yum....will be using that on other cakes. The book begins with one chapter of information that is very helpful. After that, it's ALL recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless!, Aug. 9 2011
This book is a collection of recipes from the Flour Bakery which first opened in Boston (MA) back in 2000. The drool worthy photographs help to create a whimsical, almost retro feel to the book that takes nothing away from the professional quality of the recipes. Each page is full of Joanne Chang's passion for baking and her continued fascination with the transformations that take place when you combine simple ingredients like flour, sugar, eggs and butter. It is written in a casual manner, full of personal memories and anecdotes that will put even the most inexperienced baker at ease while preparing pâte feuilletée for the first time. Helpful baking tips are written in a clear, descriptive manner making intimidating techniques relatable for bakers of all levels. Lists of fundamental baking equipment and pantry essentials are also included, and ingredient amounts for recipes are given in both volume and weight measurements.

The cookbook market has always been inundated with baking books. So what makes Flour stand out from the herd? Clearly written recipes that produce successful results and include a variety of treats that range from a simple peanut butter cookie to more high-falutin' creations such as Hazelnut-Almond Dacquoise. I dare you to open this book and instantly not want to make everything. In fact, I double dog dare you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Un must dans une cuisine, Oct. 30 2011
Ce livre est très bien présenté. Les images sont alléchantes (j'en aurais pris plus encore), les recettes sont bien expliquées et pas trop complexes à réaliser. J'ai testé plusieurs recettes (biscuits oreo, whippet, tarte truffé au chocolat, muffins rhubarbes et framboises, tarte à la citrouille, etc.) et elles ont toutes été appréciées. Il est intéressant de lire l'histoire de Johane Chang au début du livre. Je me promet d'aller un jour au flour pour goûter leurs spécialités mais pour l'instant, je les cuisine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, Jan. 21 2014
I really like the way Joanne provides some of the background behind some of the recipes and so far, every recipe I've tried has been delicious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes, Jan. 7 2014
The cookbook looks very good and the cover with the Sticky Sticky Buns is the reason I purchased it but have not had the time to try the recipe but hope to later in the month. The recipes go into a lot of detail and time but if they turn out as good as they look then they are worth it.
TB

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, July 28 2013
I've only made one recipe so far but it came out perfect and was the best banana bread I ever tasted. She explains details to novice and experienced bakers. Can't wait to try out the rest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flour, April 27 2013
très belles recettes, explications faciles mais j'aurais aimé un peu plus de photos pour toutes ces délicieuses pâtisseries!
Dès la première recette.ce fût un succès!

5.0 out of 5 stars Menoumme!, March 30 2013
Très bonne expérience. Tout c'est très bien déroulé du début jusqu'à la fin du processus. Nous sommes entièrement satisfaits de notre achat.

Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes
Flour: A Baker's Collection of Spectacular Recipes by Christie Matheson (Hardcover - Oct. 14 2010)
CDN$ 43.00 CDN$ 26.96