march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 22, 2016
Pretty book and good read. This edition has most errors corrected. All recipes tried have turned out beautifully. Very happy I purchased this book
on December 27, 2015
So sweet!!! Just wish the actual bakery held the same charm as this lovely cookbook!
on June 25, 2015
Love this book!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 18, 2014
these recipes don't always work out. if you're going to buy recipe books that are based on a real life bakery - try the "Baked" books - all the recipes work and are delicious.

Such a shame since I really enjoyed all the baking I ate at Miette in San Fransico.
on August 14, 2014
There are some errors in the first edition - luckily I got the revised edition with the correction card.
My Mom bought this book a few months before my wedding in 2012. We had tried a few of the recipes and found them to be delicious (though more effort than most recipes - some of the ingredients aren't common either). For my wedding we used cakes on cute vintage cake stands as our centerpieces. We used the hot milk cake and lemon debutante in addition to other good recipes we had. I would say that the hot milk cake recipe is the best one - I actually used that one for my wedding cake accompanied with a Madagascar vanilla bean cream cheese frosting (under the fondant). Everyone at our wedding was very impressed with the cakes - we still get compliments today!

I also recommend the yellow cupcakes - amazing. The carrot cake recipe is a little dry. Otherwise everything I have made is phenomenal.
on January 22, 2014
The product arrived quite quickly and was in excellent condition living up to its description.in fact it was a bit better than expected.
on July 30, 2013
This is a beautiful book from a stunning bakery.

And it is so useless, so many errors and corrections are needed. I was looking forward to baking using the weight measurements, but many of them are incorrect.

I'm sure that some of the recipes are spot on, but many are complicated and why would I attempt them when there is a good chance that it contains errors. Very disappointed.
on April 3, 2013
The book wears its name very well, presentation is a "biggie" and this book has scalloped pages... imagine what the inside has to offer! I really enjoyed the authors story on her beginnings, she has opened up and shared how "miette" was born! I'm in the process of starting up my little bakery and Meg Ray is definitely an inspiration! Look forward to trying out her many recipes and ideas.
on June 28, 2012
I was happy to purchase this book for a gift and also for myself. Unfortunately, I made a mistake of ordering two copies upon release not knowing that the book is full of error. As another customer had posted - it is a useless baking book. Make sure you don't lose that little card that comes with it (or hope that the customer who graciously posted the errors doesn't remove their post! Thank you so much for sharing that with the community. Greatly appreciated!).

I agree, customers should receive a complimentary copy of a corrected edition. Very unfortuante!
on January 2, 2012
The recipes do offer something a but different from the ordinary , such as a Hot Milk Cake which I have never heard of until I got this book. The book itself is adorable and I cannot wait to try the recipes!

As far as the errors go I look at it in a positive light, I got a full refund from Amazon and I all had to do was mark the corrections in my book, so the book is free and all is well ,why is everyone complaining?

Update June 17/2012:

So far I have made the cheesecake- which was delicious , the double chocolate cake- which was not my fave as I am not a huge choco fan in general ,and the lemon debutante. The debutante is delicious but is it extremely time consuming and requires above average baking skills. It tasted pretty good ( my cakes were slightly hard , they settled as they cooled for some reason) but everything else was delicious and the flavours really worked well together . Cakes like these need to be done over several days and need practice , I am sure after some time the hot milk cakes will be fluffier and lighter ,besides I realized my kitchen thermometer is garbage and could barely read the correct temp. for boiling water and temp. is essential for this cake and this book. Practice makes perfect , for now I will eat a slightly less than perfect cake that looks nothing like the picture but tastes great! One thing I don't like is that most recipes yield more quantities than required which is a bit annoying , I tried to half or quarter things (creams and curds) but with odd egg quantities it is hard I will ,next time, figure out a slightly larger amount to even out the egg numbers and then cut in half.