4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book
Published on Jan. 29 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe just not my style
Published 16 months ago by Vivian D

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe just not my style, May 27 2013
This review is from: Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home (Hardcover)
This book was on the MUST HAVE lists from all of the design blogs that I follow so I have to say that it came with high expectations. Unfortunately for me, I didn't find it really that inspiring. Perhaps it's just not really my style. Maybe I'm just outdated and cannot appreciate the newer design trends out there. I am not out to trash the book in any way but I say maybe browse at the bookstore before buying it online.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Book, Jan. 29 2012
This is a lovely book. I especially liked the mix of "old"/retro and new. Also, there is practical vein throughout the book, which I appreciated as a mom with two young children. I have to keep in mind the needs of my children and create a home space that accommodates their energy and messy hands! The last chapters were a neat way to end the book - how to arrange collections and reminders to enjoy the process of redesigning your space. The authors are obviously very genuine and passionate about their work and their enthusiasm shone through the whole book.

My only criticism of the book is that most of the photos features rooms with white walls. I would have enjoyed more examples and advice on clever uses of wall colour and wallpaper. Thanks to the authors. I'll be sharing this book with my girlfriends!

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorate is packed full of inspirational spaces, April 5 2011
As a huge fan of Holly Becker's design blog, Decor8, you can imagine how excited I've been for her first book to be published. And I wasn't disappointed! Decorate is packed with stunning yet livable spaces, with room plans and mood boards a plenty. Debi Treloar's photography is gorgeous and each space is captured beautifully. I love the variation of decorating styles throughout...from colourful and eclectic to Scandinavian minimalist, each photo is a treat for the eyes! Don't hesitate to add Decorate to your own design book library and see here for more of my review...
[...]
~Lily Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Decorate, Nov. 20 2011
Love this book! Not only are the photos fantastic and inspiring, but the ideas are eclectic and achievable in our own homes. Often books are filled with nice glossy pictures, but lack concrete information. This has both. Spent the last week of evenings pouring over this book. Great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars It can double as a coffee table book, June 11 2013
I bought this book to get fresh new ideas about decorating rooms and it ended up being my coffee table book because as well as being informative, it's fun to go through it as well.
Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures., June 1 2013
Unusual ideas which are "current" and usable. Great photographs, taken in a variety of environs. Something for everyone wanting to "freshen" up their decor.

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT your typical decorating book, April 4 2011
This is a book that i've waited for...close to a year now. I've following Holly's blog decor8 since she started writing it YEARS ago, and I was so very please to see that her book is an extension of not only her blog, but HER.

I love that I CAN ACTUALLY READ THIS BOOK, and not just flip through pretty pages of pictures. I sat down with it yesterday, and a cup of tea, and was just totally enthralled in it all.

Holly, you've reminded me to once again to stick with gut when decorating, i forgot all about that!

*hugz*
Trina
[...]

Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home
Decorate: 1,000 Design Ideas for Every Room in Your Home by Joanna Copestick (Hardcover - March 1 2011)
CDN$ 43.00 CDN$ 26.96