summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

On the first page of "Press Here," one lonely yellow dot sits in the centre of a blank white pate. Underneath reads the simple instructions: "Press here and turn the page." Do so and an adventure begins; each page invites the reader to press, rub, shake, tilt or blow on the dots and, with each turn, the reader sees the consequences of his/her actions. What happens if you tap the dots? How do you make the dots scatter like marbles and how do you contain them again? When the dots nearly float off the top of the page, Tullet suggests what many readers will already have intuited: "Stand the book up straight / to make those dots drop down again."

Compared to the squawks and flashes of so many battery-operated toys, Tullet's simple but interactive book provides a breath of fresh air that will elicit smiles and enthusiasm from every reader. Better read one-on-one than in a group, "Press Here" provides a taste of technological interactivity, no batteries required.
on January 11, 2015
My 3 year old adores this book. It's interactive without being overly gimmicky. He loves to press the dots, shake the book and clap as loud as he can. He would read this every night. Even my 5 and 8 year old think the book is pretty cool.

Overall, it's a reasonably short story but a fun read. The book instructs the reader to perform various actions on each page (rub the dot, press the dot, shake the book, etc.) and the following page shows the 'result' of those actions. It has a humour that young children will appreciate and enjoy.
on December 17, 2011
I was out on an Early Years Practicum, I got this book from the library, it will be a must have for my own collection.
I read it to one little boy on a cozy chair, and I never saw expressions ever as I saw on this child as we read the book.
He was totally enthralled! It's a keeper!
on June 6, 2015
One of the very BEST books for toddlers I have ever seen & I know books! I love it and have a supply in stock to give as baby gifts. An interactive book! Great idea by Tullet! Would love to see more like this one though I don't know how anyone could top this!
on January 14, 2013
This book has a little bit of everything. It can be used to teach directionality, colours, and is fun and interactive! My three year old loved it so much that we would read it several times a day; my six year old loved it equally as much. Great book!
on September 4, 2014
My kids read the French version of this book. It was so good my daughter took the book to school to show her kindergarten teacher. The teacher read it to the class and everyone loved it so much that the school library immediately ordered a copy.
on January 12, 2012
I bought this book on a recommendation and it is fantastic. It is so simple yet so complex. I am a preschool teacher and we call it the "magic book". It is the first book i have seen that it imagination based. Definately worth the money.
on December 12, 2013
We got this book as a gift when our son was born, and have bought it for a few friends with little ones since! Our little guy likes to look at the images now, but I'm sure when he's older he'll get more out of the playful story.
on February 24, 2014
It's a simple, interactive book - the child presses on assigned colour dots & when you turn the page it appears that the dots have moved ie: to the left or right, etc.-- it's a fun surprise as you turn each page!
on March 14, 2012
The book is cute and unique in that it takes the reading through an interactive journey. Can be read to young children or used and a teaching tool for early intermediate students on illustration and word choice.