5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of valueable info unlike other "picturebooks"
Published on Feb. 15 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Unaccessible and dull
Published on July 7 2003 by Angela Brunet

1.0 out of 5 stars Unaccessible and dull, July 7 2003
Angela Brunet (Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chameleons: Everything about selection, care, nutrition, diseases, breeding, and behavior (Paperback)
I bought this book to help me create a suitable environment for my veiled chameleon. The information I needed was printed within the pages but it was an extremely dull read. It was common to find scientific jargon without definition. The book is written by scientists whom I'm not convinced even like these wonderful, expressive creatures, it is full of lifeless facts which lead me abandon the book after reading only the pertinent chapters. To my horror, a crucial detail about female chameleon health was only mentioned in the breeding chapter, a chapter I had no need for since I had no intentions of breeding my pet. I found out too late that most female chameleons die egg-bound if unfertilized. Should this information have shown up in the Health chapter (which deals with very little in 4 short pages) my chameleon would still be alive. Previously, I read the entire 280 pages of The tarantula keeper's guide by Stanley A. Schultz, et al, this book is animated and written by a couple who truly love their hobby, it was a pleasure to learn as much about tarantulas as possible. Although, I am sure there is a book out there that does the same for chameleons, this one isn't it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of valueable info unlike other "picturebooks", Feb. 15 1999
By A Customer
This book is great if you need basic information on a variety of different species. The section on setting up an incubation box is very helpful. Other books that are helpful in this manner are those written by Phillepe de Vosjoli. This books sexing techniques are helpful as well as the glossary of terms it provides and the illustrations of different physical characteristics of chameleons i.e crests and other such protrusions.

3.0 out of 5 stars a helpful guide, July 15 2002
By A Customer
this is a very good book, a lot of information. a must have for newbies and a good addition to any experienced herpers library

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Jan. 2 1999
By A Customer
This book was an excellent source of info

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Info, Jan. 22 2011
This review is from: Chameleons (Paperback)
This book does a fantastic job of covering off the basics of chameleon care, husbandry, diet, and has breeding information, and basic animal backgrounds as well. Does go into some species specific information near the end of the book. Great full colour photos show the true look of the chameleons and their habitats. This was well worth buying.

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01