Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Home, Kitchen and Garden Gift Guide

on February 5, 2010
Well, this is disappointing. I unfortunately bought all three of the boxed sets without having ever read any works by the author. I simply went on reader reviews.

Honestly Terry Goodkind just isn't that good of a writer. He has some great ideas and the story is pretty good, but man, the writing is poor. He uses the same descriptions over and over and over. Repeated phrases used for describing emotional and physical characteristics as well as movement drove me nuts. I found the repetition to stand out so much that it seriously reduced my enjoyment of the first three books.

Not only that, however the editing is really poor. I'm not sure if it's just the re-release for the box set, but there are a lot of spelling mistakes. It looks like somebody edited with Word spell check. There are quite a few instances where, for example, 'real' is written when it should be 'read'.

meh. I just finished reading the first four books of George RR Martins series and was hoping for some more well-written fantasy. Very disappointed. Like I said, the story is pretty good... the writing, not so much.
on July 16, 2011
These books are easy to read while being long and having a strong plot. A VERY strong plot. The summary itself might not be that good (An evil man who seeks 3 boxes in order to rule the world), but how it's developed, explained and written simply blew me away. The characters actually behave like adults and are easy to refer to as an average human being

20$ for 3 huge novels... It's hours and hours of entertainment for the price of two movie tickets...

If you enjoyed the Lord of the Rings, there is ABSOLUTELY no reason you won't love The Sword Of Truth.
on October 26, 1998
For fans of adult action-packed Swords & Sorcery thriller/romances this is the saga of the decade! If you want marvelous characters, complex plotting, edge-of-your-seat drama, heart-pounding combat, true heroism, frightening evil, agonizing suspense, cosmic magic, human and non-human conflicts which threaten the very existance of reality itself... Then you owe it to yourself to read all of the voumes of this magic-driven epic! The continuing theme and driving force of this wonderfully lengthy saga is a true-love romance between two of the most extradordinary fantasy heroes ever gifted to readers of action fantasy. The fact that the laws and traditions of two worlds forbid this love match is only one of the many, many obstacles to be overcome. This is definitely adult reading, with fully developed adult characters and themes which can stun you with their power. Very little turns out as you think it will, and not always as you would like, but it is never, ever, boring. Best of all, this is a huge multi-volume work which is still a 'work in progress' for Terry Goodkind.
on December 9, 2004
While many readers of non-fantasy usually scoff at books like these and shrug them off, the series that Goodkind has created is pure genius. If you haven't tried a fantasy book you like - I urge you to try this one which changes your world. I remeber exactly how I felt, the smells and sounds when I read this book. It gets into you and makes you feel differently and see things in a new light. Absolutely incredible.
on October 6, 2009
If you like Epic adventures you will like this series. There is non-stop action, there is almost never a dull moment. Just when you think you can predict the way things will go, everything gets turned upside down.

I would also like to comment about the person who said it was to graphic. Yes I agree sometimes it can be quite graphic, but isn't the world? As much as I don't agree with the things that happen, they do happen in our world as well. Terry is simply balancing out the world he has created, just like ours is today. Good doesn't exist without evil - the land of the living cannot exist without the underworld. You could chose to ignore it and read the books where only happy things happen, but then I don't think you'd appreciate it as much. Terry has an amazing imagination and I enjoy so much reading every book, he's created a well balanced realistic world. Thanks Terry!
on November 3, 1998
Terry goodkind has written an excelent series on sword and sorcery. However, Blood of the fold was somewhat dry in action untill the end. He tried to answer all of the questions that would be expected, but really left out the reason that the general and his men hated magic so much. They just hated and killed everyone who was diffrent and might poses some magic or other powers. Why did they feel this way and why did thy go to such lenghts to destroy magic? That question was partly answered at the end, but not really. That is the only loose end that I have found in Mr. Goodkinds book. In the end, it is still an exceptional book and I recomend it and the entire series to anyone who is a fan of magic and might.
on March 2, 1999
I have just recently read Terry Goodkind's, Wizard's First Rule. It was entrancing. I could not put it down. All of my emotions and feelings were captured by Terry's amazing writing abilities. I am only too willing to read his next book, and I am sure that I will continue reading until he can no longer write any more.
on December 6, 2013
I LOVE books and Terry Goodkind's books are so interesting that I finished this set in a week. The books were delivered on time and was packaged so nicely that I assumed someone sent me an early Christmas present! I recommend these books who every lovers of book, you will not regret it.
on March 5, 2009
Boundaries of imagination, mystery & adventure are broached in a new & captivating personality, woods guide, Richard Cypher. Reality & reason battle with forces that would see the Keeper of the Underworld set loose on mankind. Can Richard overcome betrayal to seek a solution?
on May 1, 1999
I love the Wizard's first rule...I can never stop reading this book it's great...if you ever read a book it should be this one because you'll be hooked from start to finish!!!!!!