5.0 out of 5 stars New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary
I admit to a bias, since one of the authors was my dad, now deceased. He worked on this for many years, and it is indespensible for word game and puzzle lovers of all types. Even using it to solve disputes in Scrabble is of great help.
Published on Aug. 25 2000 by Craig Pulliam

2.0 out of 5 stars NYTimes Crossword Dictionary a Disappointment
Published on March 21 2000 by Linda F. Kamzelski

5.0 out of 5 stars New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary, Aug. 25 2000
Craig Pulliam (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
The organization is very "user-friendly" with name places, geographical sites, etc. highlighted. It is probably the most comprehensive (more entries)book of its type.
It truly makes a wonderful gift for word game and word puzzle lovers. They will keep it right by their favorite game table or reading chair.

2.0 out of 5 stars NYTimes Crossword Dictionary a Disappointment, March 21 2000
Ce commentaire est de: The New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (Mass Market Paperback)
When my A-Z Crossword Dictionary fell apart from overuse, I was anxious to try the NYTimes Dictionary. I wish I had ordered another copy of the A-Z instead. In the A-Z, I was able to find more answers, and the foreign word sections were much better than in the Times. Also, the Times Dictionary lists foreign countries in dark gray boxes which make the text very hard to read. Love the NY Times crosswords, but the Dictionary needs work!

2.0 out of 5 stars What's a 12-letter word for sorry I bought this?, Nov. 21 2002
By A Customer
Disappointed. I am a devoted NYT Sunday puzzle doer. I have done about 4 weeks worth of puzzles since I aquired the book. Of the 50 or so words/terms/places, etc. I have looked up, I found probably 5. This is NOT the crossword puzzle dictionary I remember from years ago, which was tailored to actual multi-word clues, and did not just provide "synonyms" for single word entries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps not quite so terrific as the last edition but very useful nonetheless, July 13 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Picked this up to replace the earlier edition that finally became so worn the pages were falling out. Perhaps not quite so terrific as the last edition but very useful nonetheless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Crossword dictionary, May 22 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
The print in this is terrible as everything is in upper case, so hard to read what is the clue and what is the answer. Do not really recommend this as a good source of looking up crosswrod clues.

1.0 out of 5 stars New York Times crossword dictionary, Feb. 26 2014
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
It was not half as good as the old paper back New York Times crossword dictionary I had before this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, March 29 2012
J. Purpura "woodworker" (canada) - See all my reviews
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This crossword dictionary is not that bad ,I thought my older version was better,but this one is okay,it will serve the my purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary, March 16 2000
I have a first edition copy of this book, which I've had for many years. It's pretty tattered, as I use it often and think it's the best crossword puzzle dictionary around. Thanks for a great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary is worth buying, Sept. 16 2003
Peter M (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I used the original edition for years until it finally fell apart, so this latest edition is a most welcome addition to my library. It is very helpful for any crossword fanatic like myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New York Times Crossword Dictionary, June 6 2001
By A Customer
This is one of the best dictionaries I have found. It gives the best answers in any category there is. Is there a fourth edition?

The New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary
The New York Times Crossword Puzzle Dictionary by Clare Grundman (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 19 1999)
CDN$ 10.99 CDN$ 9.40