4.0 out of 5 stars A near perfect reference in clinical pharmacology, April 26 2001
First, the bad news. This book is not complete: I ckecked some 60 drugs of common use in our clinic and I could not find about 10 of them. Some of the missing ones were dipyrone, chlorhexidine, clotrimazole and econazole, mebendazole, scopolamina, and spiramicyn. You decide whether they are important to you. On the good side, every drug that IS included in the book gets a full treatment. And I really mean full. After you read any monograph, you know everything that is to know about the drug: chemistry, compatibility, pharmacology and pharmacokinetics, uses and indications, contraindications, toxicity, doses, etc., etc., etc. The day I got the book I left it on a desk in my clinic and could not recover it for a week; every colleague had something to ckeck, and each one had words of praise for the book. On top, the binding is rugged enough to take a lot of abuse. In summary, an excellent book. I hope the 4th edition adds some of the missing items.

5.0 out of 5 stars My veterinarian said this is the best book she uses!, Jan. 18 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Veterinary Drug Handbook-Pkt-02-4 (Paperback)
I do cat rescue and needed a detailed reference book on veterinary medications. I asked my veterinarian what book she recommended and she said that this was the best book by far. She prefers it over other medical textbooks that costs hundrends of dollars. I purchased this book and use it all the time now. It has helped me resolve medication related questions in emergency situations. This book has more than paid for itself in the $$ is has saved me in veterinary bills. I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs access to information on veterinary medications, especially when it's a night or weekend and I cannot contact my veterinarian. This is a must have book for anyone who works with animals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best drug handbook on the market!, Jan. 24 2003
By A Customer
I've had every edition of this drug handbook for about 10 years now, and I use it often. I've seen lots of "other" veterinary drug handbooks, but they pale in comparison to Plumb's. There's just the right amount of information here--not too much, not too little. Other handbooks seem relatively lacking in content.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for vet students, Sept. 14 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Veterinary Drug Handbook-Pkt-02-4 (Paperback)
I am a senior veterinary student and use this constantly on clinics. Its very helpful to look up medications that animals are already on and possible interactions with drugs you want to prescribe. Has drugs listed by generic and manufacturers names so they are quick to look up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comprehensive information on drugs used in vet-med, July 30 1999
By A Customer
Good information on extra-label uses of animal and human drugs for veterinary medical professionals. Lists dosages for large, small, and exotic species. Well organized and easy to use. A great value.

Veterinary Drug Handbook-Pkt-02-4
Veterinary Drug Handbook-Pkt-02-4 by Cheryl Holloway (Paperback - 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 45.20