5.0 out of 5 stars A great read
Published 15 months ago by Romance lover

3.0 out of 5 stars A great story! Except for Caine.
This is an exceptionally interesting story literally beginning on page 1. There's lots wrong with this book, but the plot is top notch. Jade's one of the best heroines ever. And one can't ever discount JG's talent, wit and humor - unmatched by any other author. However, I wasn't overly pleased with Caine. I hated the way he groveled over Jade when he decided he loved her...
Published on Oct. 8 2002

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, Jan. 21 2013
Out of all books by Julie Garwood, this one is one of my favourites. It's so romantic, so cleverly written. Once the good part starts, you don't want to stop. It's not about solving the mysteries in the book and getting to know the ending (you can just read the plot for that). It's about the enjoyment you get from reading it, even if you know or guessed the ending. You're going to fall in love with the protagonists. I can promise you that.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this story, Jan. 9 2006
I have loved this book for fever and a half. Ithink Garwood is one of the best romance writer of our time. I have read this book 20 times...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! What a story!, May 5 2004
Nancy Compton (Boise, Idaho) - See all my reviews
Very entertaining! The characters are well defined, situations are well described and the romance is unmistakably satisfying! Well worth your time!
This is the second book in a series: 1. The Lion's Lady 2. Guardian Angel 3. The Gift 4. Castles

5.0 out of 5 stars A review of Guardian Angle, March 15 2004
By A Customer
This was one of Julia Garwood best books mainly because the heroine, Jade was not weak and, well for lack of a better word ditzy. She was the strongest female character I have yet seen in any of these books.

5.0 out of 5 stars LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDD IT!!!!!, March 13 2004
In the Guardian Angel there was a bunch of twists and turns. I am a personal fan of Julie Garwood and have all but one of her books. Even though I'm 17 going on 18 I've been reading Julie Garwood for the past 5 years. I'm pratically in love with all her characters and would love to see more of the Scotland, England tales. Since I'm in the U.S. it makes me want to go see the rest of the world especially Scotland. If your new to reading her she goes into great detail about the characters, and their feelings. It's almost like your in the story. Well my review is a 5 star, and I loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable and fun to read, Feb. 17 2004
I enjoyed this book very much. It was great fun guessing who pagan was and other twists... I think Julie Garwood is an outstanding author and she doesn't disappoint with this one! The chemistry was wonderful and the love scenes erotic... Need I say more?

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the best!!!, Jan. 7 2004
Kristal Gorman (Buffalo, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I just finished reading this book and had to hurry and write a review! This book is phenomenal! I fell so in love with Caine! And it was very refreshing to see a bok in which a woman can take care of herself! It had me laughing out loud! Unfortuantely I have read this entire series backwards. I read Nathan's story, The Gift first and then I read Colin's story, Castles, and now Guardian Angel! And I have just bought The Lyon's Lady so I cannot wait to read Lyon's story! Every single book in this set is absolutely wonderful! Once again, Julie Garwood gave me a book that took me to another time and place and captivated me until the very last page!

4.0 out of 5 stars funny and entertaining, June 12 2003
S. Lin "SL" (Wellesley, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Garwood has done it again.
Jade is a notorious thief and liar and she gets the love of a lifetime in Caine, the man who she is lying to.
Caine is trying to avenge his brother who was killed by the pirate Pagan until Jade comes and he feels the need to protect her.
What Caine doesn't know is that Jade is really trying to protect him. And while they keep going at crosspurposes, they, of course, fall in love, with some extremely hilarious conversations on the side that had me doubling over with laughter.
I won't give too much else away, so you'll have to see what happens yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 5 2003
By A Customer
This novel was somewhat of a departure from Garwood's normal plot line. Caine is on a search for the evil pirate Pagan, whom he believes has killed his brother. Pagan, though, knows who is searching for the pirate and the danger facing Caine. Through a twist of events the seeker becomes the sought.
To avoid giving any of the story away, I'll stop the description there. But, I have to say that this was one of my favorites - and I've loved every Garwood so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars A True Page Turner - With Flaws, Oct. 10 2002
This is an exceptionally good book, a true page turner literally beginning on page one! It has romance,wit, humor, and the reader is carried through an outstanding plot. Jade is one of the best heroines ever created. There are so many wonderful facets to her personality, only the genius of JG could pull it off.
NOW. The only reason I didn't give this book 5 stars is because of the hero, Caine. (He comes across quite differently in Nathan's story, The Gift, however.) I've loved every one of JG's heros, arrogant though they were, but I didn't like it when Caine held Jade's shoulders during conversations, so roughly that he bruised her! I didn't like the way he'd grab her hand and squeeze hard enough to hurt her (and not let go for the duration of the scene), simply to prevent her from leaving the room, or to find her own chair. I didn't like the way he interrupted her breakfast and forced her (with his weight) to stay in bed with him while he slept for the next 2 hours. He had little if no regard for her feelings on this. She was left to sit there and watch him sleep while mentally intertaining herself. And I thought it a little crude when Jade's Uncle Harry said (more than once) that he should have 'cut' Jade's face when she was younger because she was so beautiful. A little over the top, I think. But all in all, the actual story is fantastic. I'm glad Lyon was in it as much as he was, and I liked Nathan and Colin. The servant Sterns was a great character.

ARRAY(0xb460dec4)

Guardian Angel
Guardian Angel by Julie Garwood (Hardcover - June 1993)
Used & New from: CDN$ 8.46