march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Registry

...so S T O P; don't buy this book. It's Junk. Anyone who's been in the profession a while knows it because many of us received it as a Designer's Book Club intro title in the late 80's or early 90's. It wasn't worth the cost of its S&H! Ask around to people in the profession and look it over first. I received mine while having just a few years of experience in practice. Initally excited and impressed with myself having identifed a clear technical error, my feelings quickly changed to surprise and then anger as I began to realize the whole book was packed w/ errors and critical omissions. It was generally a frustratingly incompetent presentation with widely incomplete information on its proposed subjects. That the editors and publisher let this trash out, and were, I presume, making their livings with this level of incompetence was disheartening.
on January 17, 2001
This book is a fiasco. As a professional in commercial space planning for many years, I picked it up based on a 'glowing review'. I find another few good ratings here on-line. The authors mother must be writing them, because no one who actually attempted to verify the faulty and incomplete information within, could ever see this tome as worth the paper upon which it is printed.
One reviewer was accurate though; it isn't a bad door stop.
on October 2, 1998
Why search through a dozen books for the interior design information you need? Go to this book first and save time and aggravation.
BE FOREWARNED: this is NOT a fluff-filled, "decorators" coffee-table book! If you're looking for "101 Ways to Make Slipcovers Work for You" then don't buy this book!
But if you're a serious, hard-core interior designer, read on: This book is jam-packed with useful information, ADA requirements, building code standards, and relevant examples. Its clear, concise format and excellent index make it easy to find what you're looking for.
I refer to it for literally every project I work on, first as a student and now as an interior designer. I consider it to be the most valuable reference book I own.
This book is worth many times more than amazon.com is charging for it. If you're serious about interior design, you will never regret buying this book.
on February 3, 2000
Do you need to have a fundamental guide book for interior design?(I am talking to Interior designers, not interior decorators).
Get this book. You will find any information or the specification you need to design your space in this book. From basic space plan rule to good example of space plans by each category, Light specification, Furniture by period and millwork standards, Door specifications, ADA requirement for different conditions, and whatever you need, you will find it.
Reznikoff showed his(or her)drawings by each cales, so that you can get the specific dimensions you need from the drawings in this book.
Great resource book. You will find this book very useful even when you work like me.
This is my interior design bible and I bet it will be same to you.
on October 22, 1998
Your book is very good and useful.But I have some questions about your design. I would like to know how to assemble the joint of stairrail and rail on the page 207. Should I use bolt and nut,welding or any special glue? I would like to know how to assemble between a ball and a pipe. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you.
on August 12, 2000
An excellent book for "standard" measurements and dimensions of both commercial and residential spaces. A wonderful teaching tool! A book that should be on the shelves of every interior designer, architect and design professor.
on February 5, 2013
Ce livre est définitivement un must à avoir si vous travaillez en architecture ou en design d'intérieur. Il est bien illustré, tout y est clair et il regorge d'information vraiment utile.!
on July 23, 2013
Dear sir
The book was in good situation, and minor scratches were on the book.
It's really helpful.
on January 17, 2001
This is a very good book. Deals with the in and out of the interior design standards
on December 30, 2003
A very informative and usefull book for all designers.