4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for basic birding in Hawaii., March 21 2010
Dr. I (Lethbridge, AB Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Hawai'i: The Main Islands and Offshore Waters (Paperback)
I purchased this book for birding on the Big Island and I was not disappointed. Although generally I prefer classical illustrations for birding, the descriptions of species in the book and the photographs were excellent and far better than the alternatives available (e.g., Audubon guide). This book also provides decent information on what areas to visit for particular species and it was pretty much spot on. We managed to pick up i'iwi, apapane, amakihi and akiapola'au relatively easily as well as most of the introduced upland gamebirds. I did not give this a full 5/5 rating because I think it could be improved by adding an additional couple of photos to the native species descriptions in order to account for colour variation within species. Other than that, a good bird guide that is perfect for Hawaii.

4.0 out of 5 stars Utile et agréable, Feb. 11 2012
Ce guide des oiseaux d'Hawaii me sera très utile pour identifier les différentes espèces que je verrai à Hawaii.
Les photos sont de bonne qualité et son format est pratique pour l'apporter en voyage.

CDN$ 21.45 CDN$ 17.56