5.0 out of 5 stars The Library of Piano Classics
Published on May 4 2000 by kari_

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Not what I expected. Though there is a range of levels, overall it was too difficult. Poorly made. Don't waste your money!
Published 3 months ago by Stephanie Gruber

5.0 out of 5 stars The Library of Piano Classics, May 4 2000
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
I have enjoyed playing the pieces in this book for years, one after the other, for hours at a time. Then my daughter began playing them, and she liked the book so much she took it with her when she left for college. I wanted to tell her no, she could not have that one, but of course I let her take it. I hoped she would bring it back after college. Well, she didn't! I can't blame her for wanting to keep it forever. Now I find I cannot live without it any longer. Although I know many of the pieces by heart, there is nothing like sightreading. These are timeless pieces that are FUN to play. They are of different levels, too, so you can progress at will. The binding is such that the pages stay open where you want them to stay, and you won't have to fight with air currents blowing and turning the pages too soon. I can't wait to get this book back into my hands again, but I'll have to mark up the pieces with my own personal notes all over again! If you love classical music, don't pass up this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Printing, Excellent Value, July 28 2001
Kathleen Cobcroft (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
For sheer value for money you can't go past this thick volume. It contains around 50 pieces of varying styles by over 40 composers, including several duet arrangements of pieces (also included as solos). Many of the pieces are commonly included in collections (Traumerei, Fur Elise, Fantasy-Impromptu) but others are more unusual. A few of the composers include: Albeniz, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Brahms, Debussy, Faure, Scott Joplin ... it's a long list.
The book itself features: Handy ring-binding, without which it would never stay open; clear printing (not one of those publications that looks like it's gone through a fax); and good editing.
I would particularly recommomend this book to people trying to increase the size of their music library (done instantly) or people who want to get a taste of numerous musical styles and composers. The variety in levels of the music can keep you dipping into this book from low-intermediate through to the higher grades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best all-round book for piano classics, Dec 7 1999
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
I'm an intermediate pianist who 2 years ago was interested in playing many of the more well known classical pieces. This book has been a gold mine!
Not only have I found lots of pieces that I thorougly enjoy playing (many of the popular classics are here), this book has also been the basis behind my weekly piano lessons - given the range of composers and music styles - there is plenty challenge for any pianist.
Pieces are generally short, ranging from easy 1-pagers some really long and/or tough pieces.
I've saved a fortune in sheet music by buying this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs practice, Feb. 17 2010
Tatiana V. Tchoudinova "regular_buyer" (Toronto, ON Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
This book contains a lot of amazing masterpieces : Liszt "Liebestraum", Beethowen "Fur Elise:, Chopin "Valce op 64"...) Needs practice before you can play for your auditorium. It's not for beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, March 13 2004
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
I've enjoyed playing this book for the past 10 years. I believe this is an essential book to have for any accomplished or even novice pianist. I got it as a gift when i was in my 3rd year of piano and i've loved it ever since then (I'm now preparing for my level 10 practical exam) . It's really helped me develop my sight reading skills. And i've spent hours a day playing these songs for fun. And the format (comb binding) of the book is great because you don't have to worry about the book closing while you're trying to play the pieces.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, June 29 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Selection of Songs, March 9 2013
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
Great selection of classical music from early intermediate and above. Plastic binding makes it easy to flip through songs on your piano.

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, April 3 2012
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
I purchased this for my 9 Years old daughter who is learning piano. Some songs are too difficult for your level but She loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK EVER, July 6 2002
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
IF YOU WERE TO ONLY HAVE ONE BOOK ON CLASSICAL PIANO MUSIC, THIS WOULD BE IT. WITHOUT A DOUBT, I WILL ENJOY THIS BOOK FOREVER. NO ONE SHOULD BE WITHOUT IT.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Library of Piano Classics, Jan. 21 2000
This review is from: Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo (Plastic Comb)
I have used this book in my own piano teaching, and it is an enormous volume of some of the very best piano literature. Beware... these pieces are NOT easy!

Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo
Library of Piano Classics: Piano Solo by Hal Leonard Corp. (Plastic Comb - Jan. 1 1992)
CDN$ 24.55 CDN$ 16.97