5.0 out of 5 stars An instant favorite!
I received this book as a gift and it instantly became my all-time favorite compilation. Although I am an advanced pianist who loves to play the original versions of many of these songs, I still turn to this book again and again for pure listening and playing enjoyment.
Like the other reviewers, I appreciate the quality of the selections and the spiral binding. But...
Published on Feb. 16 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars GREAT selections... Poor arrangements...
The good:
This book contains essential pieces that everypianist should know. It has 300 pages, and since it's spiral-bound itfits easily on your music rack. The notes are big and clear on high-quality paper.
The bad:
A lot of these pieces have been needlessly simplified or altered. I personally would rather spend the extra time to learn the ENTIRE...
Published on April 5 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a beginner like me, May 29 2006
J. Lambert "J-F from Alma" (Quebec) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Library of Easy Piano Classics (Paperback)
I began to learn piano 5 months ago (with a violin background of 8 years) and I'm already able to play some songs in the book. With a great variety and great titles, i think that i'll be able to pass several years on that book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of duplication!!, June 16 2003
mommyswammy "cats" (Canton, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Library of Easy Piano Classics (Paperback)
As I wrote in my review of "All the tunes you've ever wanted to play", if you already own that book, you do not need this one. They are the same books, with the same selections, with the same arrangements. However, the pages in this book are larger, thus the notes are easier to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple book for beginners, Dec 11 2001
Deangela S. Chastain (Gillsville, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Library of Easy Piano Classics (Paperback)
This book is very good for my kids who are learning to play. The oldest has been picking up pieces to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best collection of favorites, May 28 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Library of Easy Piano Classics (Paperback)
I've purchased several collections of classics and this one is the best. It contains without a doubt every song you can imagine wanting to learn to play - everything from Fuer Elise to Moonlight Sonata, from the Carman theme to the Danube Waltz. Easy to read notes, and written at a level that even I, with only 1 year of lessons under my belt, can attempt to play some of my favorites. It's spiral-ring bound, so lies flat during playing, a definite advantage. My piano teacher likes it so much that she's asked me to order 2 more for her other students.

Library of Easy Piano Classics
Library of Easy Piano Classics by Hal Leonard Corp. (Paperback - Jan. 1 1992)
CDN$ 26.82 CDN$ 16.62