5.0 out of 5 stars Preparing for adolescence, Nov. 27 2000
Timothy A. HAtcher (Summerville Georgia) - See all my reviews
I have two boys who are thirteen and nine years old. I also teach a preadolescent sunday school class for my church. I read the book and began immediately encouraging my oldest son to read it also. As a thirteen year old boy, he had more important things to do than read a book his dad recommended, so I bought the teaching guide and taught it to my sunday school class. We are now exploring other areas, but every time we cross a subject that we studied in the book, the kids remind me where that came from and which of the symptoms the person in question is suufering from. This book has helped a great deal with my children as well as other children in my sunday school class. Parents have even asked me where I gained the courage to teach the book and thank me for doing something that they felt was to touchy a subject for them to take on. thank you Dr. Dobson for having the insight to write this and your other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Defintely a good for your teen, Dec 10 2001
My mom bought me this book about 13 years ago. I was just about to push into my early teen years, and I really had no clue what to expect. I read this book, and I although I couldn't relate to everything in it at the time, it was presented in a clear, logical and Godly way. As the years went by, I began to relate more and more to Dr. Dobson's words, and I recalled his suggestions often. Now, I'm buying this for my much younger sister as she begins her trip into her teen years.

5.0 out of 5 stars And good place to start with pre-teens, Aug. 23 2012
The book is not overly long, which should make it easier to get teens to read it. I would recommend parents read the book before giving it to their pre-teens, so that they can be prepared for discussions rising from the book. Amazon's price was excellent, the book arrived very quickly and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars way better than I thought it would be, Feb. 2 2010
K. Arsenault "KBA" (Ontario) - See all my reviews
My 11 year old loves this book. He's read it from cover to cover several times. Dr. Dobson knows how to speak to kids and how to relate to their issues. I was hesitant because I disagree Dobson on some fundamental issues but this book was really good. It walks with kids through some of the emotional land minds of adolecence. My son kept saying he never knew so many people felt this way and he felt so understood after reading the examples. I also appreciated how Dobson shared openly about some of his own mistakes he made and what he wishes he'd done differently. He didn't come across as a know-it-all adult but as someone who has walked that road and wants to guide others on it along the way.

Preparing for Adolescence a Course for Helping Kids Survive the Coming Years of Change
Used & New from: CDN$ 3.01