march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture snsflyout Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Registry Tools

on June 28, 2004
Perhaps the best book on Christian Identity I've read and the best book I've read this year. Benner drives home the profound yet paradoxically simple nature of our relationship to self and others through our relationship with the Divine. In "The Gift of Being Yourself" Benner outlines practical ways to improve your relationship with the Divine and through relationship with the Divine begin to understand our true self and calling. I read this after reading Benner's "Surrender to Love." The two go hand-in-hand, but I recommend reading "The Gift of Being Yourself" before reading "Surrender to Love" (just my opinion).
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 26, 2012
Even though with my 5 star rating resulted in "I love it", that isn't exactly what I would say about this book. God used this book to give me a whole new revelation about Himself and about me. For most of my walk with the Lord, I've been confused about just who I am and who God meant me to be. I knew about His goal to make me more and more like Jesus, but I really didn't understand what that looked like. Now I know. David Benner's insights into human struggles about identity run so deep, I've had to pray my way through most of the book, as every sentence is profound. I'm learning to be more accepting of the way God made me, and recognizing that He made me this way for His good purpose. I would hightly recommend this to anyone who is serious about becoming who God made them to be.
on November 1, 2011
A fine book that adds to the work of the previous two volumes of his trilogy "Surrender to Love" and "Desiring God's Will". Here Benner gives us insights into who we are created to be and practical and proven exercises to allow personal transformation to take place, guided by God's spirit. A deep read yet quite accessible. Benner has a remarkable knowledge of spiritual formation and psychology and how they interact and complement each other.
on February 4, 2014
Enjoyed this book. Have read it several times to reflect on its content. Would recommend to those who are looking to grow a deeper faith.
on March 20, 2015
For those taking time to seek godly self discovery and life calling this book will guide you as you soak in these truths.
on December 4, 2014
This is a book that I would like to read it repeatedly.
on October 3, 2015