biss boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

on November 1, 2015
What can I say. Mennonite Girls can cook. I always know that the Mennonite Girls recipes are going to work. Not all recipes we can get from the internet do. But every recipe I get from their site or from the book has worked beautifully. I love that these recipes have been written down in a book because so often they only linger in grandmother's and mother's heads and could easily be lost to a generation of fast food and modern trends. These much loved reliable recipes are now written down for us to forever refer to. And are there to bring our memories and family traditions back to life. The fact that the book has the faith of the Mennonites woven throughout is a plus. Also that the royalties from the sale of the book will help fund ministries that nourish children around the world makes me happy.
on March 7, 2012
I love using Mennonite Girls Can Cook. Most of the recipes remind me of dishes my Grandmother used to cook, she never used a written recipe so I'm thrilled to be able to recreate these memories from childhood. The recipes have easy-to-find ingredients, color pictures and step-by-step instructions. The individual stories make me feel like I have met each of the authors personally. Every recipe I have tried is delicious and an instant favorite. If you're looking for a modern take on some traditional Mennonite cooking this is an excellent choice.
on February 22, 2012
Mennonite Girls Can Cook has an attractive book cover which draws the eye. Inside the book, much care has been taken to present colourful graphics. The pictures catch the eye and give one determination to try that particular main dish, dessert or other suggestion. Tasty recipes are presented which suit all families. Many of these have ingredients already on hand or easily found in the local grocery store.
on November 14, 2013
The book is interesting and since it is a group effort, it becomes a classic in its own right. Having said that, I still think recipe books written from the perspective of the Mennonite community in general or by Mennonite nutrition specialists are more useful to the aspiring cook. Thus the old standby of the "Mennonite Community Cookbook" or "More with Less" are the helpful ones in understanding where the North Amercians came from in terms of their diet and what their emphasis is in today's world when resources are at a premium.
on April 9, 2012
I love Mennonite cooking, but figured I would never know the recipes because they were all in my grandma's head. Then I received this cookbook as a gift and it was the best thing ever! I want to cook my way through this cookbook! I imagine it will taste fantastic and I'll be a little bigger by the end!
on January 16, 2016
This is the first cookbook by this group of homemakers. Good solid comfort food recipes and beautiful presentations of the meals shown. Carefully tested so you don't have to worry if the recipe will turn out. This is a great Canadian cookbook from my local area, so that added to my pleasure in reading this. (Abbotsford, BC)
on July 13, 2015
Wow! What a treasure this book is. I have only made one of the recipes so far, the coleslaw, delicious, but I recognize and am happy to see so many of the dishes my mother made. I can now enjoy those things that I enjoyed in my childhood and teens. Thank you Mennonite Girls.
on October 16, 2015
Love this Cookbook! Lots of memories doing this kind of cooking on the farm with my Mom and sisters. And now I'm using these recipes on my grandchildren! They love it!
Some of the recipes had been lost so it's great to find them again! Thanks so much!
on November 26, 2013
not only do they know how to cook .. the can write amazing cookbooks

makes an amazing gift!!!

Christmas gift Birthday gift or a just because u r special gift :) !!!
on May 19, 2015
Full of family favorites! Comfort food at its best. This is more than a cookbook...I sit and read it just for enjoyment. The photographs are lovely as well.