5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes just like Grandma's
Published on March 7 2012 by Library Lady

3.0 out of 5 stars some good recipes
I thought I would like this book more than I do. The recipes are a little weird and some of the ingredients are hard to find.
Published on Dec 25 2012 by Annette

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes just like Grandma's, March 7 2012
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
I love using Mennonite Girls Can Cook. Most of the recipes remind me of dishes my Grandmother used to cook, she never used a written recipe so I'm thrilled to be able to recreate these memories from childhood. The recipes have easy-to-find ingredients, color pictures and step-by-step instructions. The individual stories make me feel like I have met each of the authors personally. Every recipe I have tried is delicious and an instant favorite. If you're looking for a modern take on some traditional Mennonite cooking this is an excellent choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mennonite Girls Can Cook, Feb. 22 2012
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
Mennonite Girls Can Cook has an attractive book cover which draws the eye. Inside the book, much care has been taken to present colourful graphics. The pictures catch the eye and give one determination to try that particular main dish, dessert or other suggestion. Tasty recipes are presented which suit all families. Many of these have ingredients already on hand or easily found in the local grocery store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kenneth Cressman, Nov. 14 2013
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
The book is interesting and since it is a group effort, it becomes a classic in its own right. Having said that, I still think recipe books written from the perspective of the Mennonite community in general or by Mennonite nutrition specialists are more useful to the aspiring cook. Thus the old standby of the "Mennonite Community Cookbook" or "More with Less" are the helpful ones in understanding where the North Amercians came from in terms of their diet and what their emphasis is in today's world when resources are at a premium.

5.0 out of 5 stars So many recipes, so little time!, April 9 2012
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
I love Mennonite cooking, but figured I would never know the recipes because they were all in my grandma's head. Then I received this cookbook as a gift and it was the best thing ever! I want to cook my way through this cookbook! I imagine it will taste fantastic and I'll be a little bigger by the end!

5.0 out of 5 stars but I recognize and am happy to see so many of the dishes my mother ..., July 13 2015
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
Wow! What a treasure this book is. I have only made one of the recipes so far, the coleslaw, delicious, but I recognize and am happy to see so many of the dishes my mother made. I can now enjoy those things that I enjoyed in my childhood and teens. Thank you Mennonite Girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars mennonite girls rock!, Nov. 26 2013
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
not only do they know how to cook .. the can write amazing cookbooks

makes an amazing gift!!!

Christmas gift Birthday gift or a just because u r special gift :) !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort food at its best. This is more than a cookbook, May 19 2015
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
Full of family favorites! Comfort food at its best. This is more than a cookbook...I sit and read it just for enjoyment. The photographs are lovely as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for., Aug. 6 2013
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
I would defiantly recommend this book to my friends. It was shipped and delivered promptly. The recipes are delicious! I can't wait to cook more of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite, Aug. 9 2013
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this cook book, having a mom who grew up Mennonite and her family, its great to have so many recipes that my grandma made for us

5.0 out of 5 stars Memmonite Girls can Cook, April 13 2014
This review is from: Mennonite Girls Can Cook (Hardcover)
A great cookbook with many German recipes. I'm not Mennonite but attend a Mennonite Church. Love the personal stories. Recommend!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Mennonite Girls Can Cook
Mennonite Girls Can Cook by Marg Bartel (Hardcover - May 2 2011)
CDN$ 27.49 CDN$ 21.98