march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 26, 2015
This was my second time through this book, although I read it a very long time ago, it was a very timely read for me. I loved the perspective it gives from both Saul and David as well as David and his son Absalom. It challenged me to reflect on what kind of leader and person I am, especially in difficult circumstances. A Must Read for those in leadership.
on August 10, 2015
I found it most helpful in handling our current very difficult situation
on May 30, 2015
Fast and easy delivery. Good price.Whimsical tale about power relationships.
on August 31, 2014
The author does a great job of not only identifying wrong leadership traits but also causes us to look at ourselves and assess our own hearts
on July 4, 2014
I thought it was a great book which touched on many issues of Christian living. I found truth in the way King Saul and David acted and reacted. I have had some King Sauls in my life and have experienced firsthand how it feels to have spears thrown at me. It was amazing to understand and learn from Davids reaction.
on February 27, 2014
I have literally bought over 50 copies of this book over the years to hand out to as many as would like. I personally read it at least once per year...this book is a TOP 10 IN YOUR LIFETIME
on February 8, 2013
Didn't like this book as it was not in line with my thoughts or inspiring enough for me to read thoroughly
on June 5, 2009
ESSENTIAL for anyone who is in spiritual leadership. The insights in the book will keep you reading it again and again to gain more wisdom. First with it, I read it 3 times in 3 days. Unbelievable.
on November 24, 2003
This book is written as though it were a play, in an easy and understandable manor. I really enjoyed the format, it is very imaginative and I found myself not wanting to put it down. The storytelling ability of Gene Edwards is phenomenal.
Though this tale, he takes the reader through the choices of three kings-Saul, David and Absalom. The choices they made concerning authority and brokenness are lessons with great value. I recommend this book because there is deep truth in it, not to replace scripture, but to show scripture in action.
Enjoy.
on November 22, 2003
Some groups and churches use this book incorrectly. Please also read this author's "Letters to a Devastated Christian" in addition to this book. In that book, he even explains how this book is sometimes misused. The two books go very well together.